Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newest update to sleep log.

The update to the sleep log has rendered Fitbit totally useless to me. The sleep log was the main reason I got a Fitbit. Every single change that has been made to the tracker/app has been negative. If Google's goal was to destroy Fitbit, they have succeeded. They have ruined a fantastic device that I used to recommend. I never will again. And the excuse that once a change is made they "cannot change it back" is BS. If they can change it to what everyone is complaining about, they can change it back. Are they THAT bad at programming? I'm not a computer programmer, but I can't tell you how many times I had to alter programs to suit the needs of a user. I am DONE with Fitbit. We've lost too many great features since Google took over. They actually DID restore one feature after numerous complaints. The others. No. I will be spending my day looking for a tracker that suits MY needs. Fitbit no longer does the job.

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

I totally agree with these comments and those of other users who are dissatisfied with the changes in the sleep data. I find it totally useless as the sleep data is so hard to find and definitely not user friendly. I hope Fitbit hears these  comments and changes the data display back to the old format. Otherwise I see no reason to pay for a premium service which I find unusable.

Best Answer

I feel the same way. This is regrettable.

You have expressed my opinion too.

Best greetings. Nils Torben, Denmark.

Best Answer

Agree 100%

Best Answer

The sleep log has been ruined. It seems that things get worse with every update.

---

Iv'e had it with fitbit and I will get an alternative...

Best Answer

It was the main reason I brought my Fitbit too Nawtykitty!

it’s just the most awful update…..it’s really just gibberish to me I don’t know why they changed it!

Best Answer

I suspected when Google first took over, they wanted to render Fitbit useless. Then they could promote their own products without the biggest competition they had. EVERY single update has been bad and bit by bit has destroyed a great product and app.

---

They don't care what we say. Their attitude regarding our complaints is pretty much, "Too bad. So sad. Deal with it."

Best Answer

Since Google acquired Fitbit, all kinds of sleep errors occur. I've had REM sleep recorded while watching TV thus giving me hours awake on my sleep score. That was useless. Now I  can no longer determine the times I truly am awake during the night. That gray screen is unpleasant. I have a personal trainer able to correct the small body positions which affect exercise effectiveness. Online exercise suggestions are useless to me. Unless the changes are corrected, I'm looking for a new fitness tracker. 

Best Answer

I have always checked the time before I get in bed, and often have needed to go in the next morning and edit the timing when fitbit thought I went to sleep much later than I thought.  With this newest change, I have not been able to make any edits OR even tell what the new version of the sleep patterns mean!  Since I don't remember there being an update recently, I don't even understand how my fitbit software was changed from one morning to the next!  There also seems to be an unwanted change in tracking my walks.

Best Answer

The ONLY reason I bought my fitbit at the end of last December is because it's sleepregistration. So for 4 months I have been enjoying the insight it gave me and helped me sleep better and to not worry so much about sleeping.

But... now... it is horrible. The sleeptracking stats are horribly displayed, it is a farce.

I feel very decieved by fitbit/google and robbed of my money. And probably I cannot fall back on the guarantee, somewhere there will be a line in it which makes softwarechanges no reason for honoring the guarantee.

So if anybody found a good (non apple) replacement? Let me know.

If I wanted a watch I would have bought a watch and not a fitbit (where you cannot read the display in daylight). Useless thing for 79 euro's.

Best Answer

I agree with all the statements made about the sleeptracker. I was so used to tracking if I got enough deep sleep compared to other women, every morning. Whole feature gone. What I've actually been doing since is delete the app and then reinstall, log in and connect with my Inspire 2. Then just at that moment, I still see the old sleep tracking options. But as soon as I close the app and come back to it, it's back to the new useless format. I hope this helps for some of y'all!

Best Answer

Totally agree with you the new sleep graph is confusing and worthless to me. Fitbit is not working for me sense Google keeps changing things. 

Best Answer

I will be researching to find another device that is more imformative than fitbit...they obviously dont listen!  I contacted them tonight via the 24hr chat thing and it said you need to get used to it and you will see how good it is!!  Im done!

Best Answer

exactly....so time for some research and find another device!!

Best Answer

They need to restore sleep settings back to what it was! I do not like this new way if tracking sleep = useless!!

Best Answer

New sleep app is useless.  The graph is hard to read. The old graph was easily understood.  Can we get the old version back?

Best Answer

Just wondering if anyone has found a decent sleep tracker with a graph that is actually readable. I  am still looking for a replacement for my fitbit since they changed the graph. 

---

Have you found a good replacement? I am looking too. 

---

I was told the same thing. Im looking for a different sleep tracker. Have you found something better?

---

Fitbit has ruined the sleep tracking part of it. Wonder what else it will ruin. Looking for a different sleep tracker. 

Best Answer

I agree.  Have you found a good replacement?  Im still looking. 

Best Answer
I’ve been using Fitbit for almost 10 years and have a hard time with change so I’m trying to adapt to things they’ve messed up since google took over. But look forward to recommendations people here will be sharing.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

The new sleep tracker is horrible. Please go back to what we had.

Best Answer