Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting any text notifications on Inspire 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my inspire yesterday and ever since I initially activated it, I’ve never been able to get any text notifications. I have an iPhone (iPhone X). I’ve tried all of the following: 

1. Checking all settings between both the Fitbit and the iPhone. All settings are what they should be in order for me to get notifications on the Fitbit.

2. Rebooting the Fitbit - multiple times

3. Switching the “share notifications” off/on and then rebooting the Fitbit 

4. Resetting the Fitbit to factory settings 

At this point, I’m beyond frustrated because I just don’t know why it won’t work at all. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
45 REPLIES 45

@stostoes Thank you for getting in touch about this. I'm glad to hear that when you changed your messages settings to "preview" they started showing up. 

Have a nice day! 😀

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

THANK YOU! It finally works now!

Best Answer

@ericle A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Glad to hear that you're receiving notifications now. 

You may want to check this post about Inspire 2 tips

Happy holidays. 🎄

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just received my Fitbit inspire 2 in the mail today and have not received any of the notifications I have set up. I followed all the steps mentioned in the original post as well as all of the steps mentioned in the linked support article. I am using an iPhone ca which is running iOS 14.4 and both my Fitbit app and inspire 2 are up to date.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kfoote A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. 

Since your Inspire 2 has been set up to your account please make sure that DND and Sleep mode are turned off in quick settings, this could be the reason why your tracker isn't receiving notifications. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an android phone, Samsung 20+, and there is no where in the fitbit app for vibration settings. I am so frustrated right now. I had an inspire hr and never had any issues. I can not get the notifications to work at all. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Leah71 Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

I see where your frustration is coming from. Please confirm you've followed this procedure to set notifications in your Fitbit app. After this double check that DND and Sleep mode settings are turned off in your Inspire 2, this to ensure that you receive notifications. These can be accessed in Quick Settings just press and hold both buttons. 

Feel free to check out this article: How do I get started with Fitbit Inspire 2? 

Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried everything listed and it still doesn't vibrate. I was on a chat and got knocked off in the middle. I have spent over 3 hrs now and am ready to just return it. Can't access any other help site. This customer service is ridiculous.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Beyondhelp Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. 

I see where your disappointment is coming from. If your Inspire 2 is receiving notifications but they aren't vibrating, please make sure that DND and Sleep mode are turned off in quick settings, to do so, press and hold both buttons. 

If your tracker isn't vibrating at all, check the tips on this article Why didn't my Fitbit device alert me? 

Have a nice day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just purchase inspire 2 on 4/11 and I can only receive phone call notifications. I have done everything and anything to get the texts to work but they do not. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Billfromnj05 Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the troubleshooting performed prior to posting. 

I'd like you to confirm that you've followed this procedure to set your notifications and let me know if you're getting third-party notifications. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally got it to work, but I didn't see what I did listed anywhere in this forum or this troubleshooting advice, so I am posting it here. I was only getting the App notifications from Outlook and not calls, texts, or anything else. Under Notifications inside the Fitbit app, I turned each of the ones that didn't work to off, leaving only Outlook turned on, and went back to the main screen and sync'd. Then I went back into the Notifications and turned each of them back on and went back to the main screen and sync'd. They all work now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had mt fitbit for little over a month. Ever somce this new update came out, ive not been getting any notifications on mine either. Its not the fitbit, its the update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MsSkylark Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thank you for taking the time to share the troubleshooting that worked for you, I'm sure it can help others on the forums. 

@ChloeSmith01 A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. I'd like you to double check that DND and Sleep mode are turned off in quick settings, if they are illuminated, this means they have been activated. To access it, press and hold both buttons and tap on Quick Settings. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did this many times. You know, if you have to keep telling people this then maybe those options are just a little too sensitive and shouldn't be so easy to turn on..
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

Exactly. I'm having the same problem as well and have tried all the fixes listed in this post and beyond. Just got my Inspire 2 a week ago and it doesn't do anything it's supposed to - no notifications, vibrations for calls or text. In fact, the only time it vibrates is when I flex my wrist and it takes me to the water lock screen. This happens a million times a day and is incredibly annoying. So it's definitely that their options are too sensitive. Wish they still sold the Alta 2 because it was great and I always received notifications on that one. Too bad it died for good and I had to replace it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Beyondhelp@britneyr Hi there. Thanks for the troubleshooting performed prior to posting and the details mentioned. 

I see where your disappointment is coming from. Your feedback and comments are appreciated, we're always striving to improve our services offered. Since you have confirmed that DND and Sleep Mode are turned off and your Inspire 2 is still vibrating for other things, please get in touch with our Support team, they'll assist further. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m not sure if anyone is still interested or having this problem, but…Just got my Inspire 2 yesterday and have an iPhone SE (iOS 14.6). After hours of frustration, I found that when I went into Settings>Notifications>Messages>Show Previews and set it to “When Unlocked” and/or “Always” the alerts started pushing through to my watch. I currently have it set to “When Unlocked” and turned off the banners (to avoid people seeing messages of holding my phone), and it is working perfectly now. 

Hope this helps!!

Best Answer

@rmkellywb Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for sharing the steps you followed to resolved this. 

I'm sure it can help others who might experience the same. I see where your frustration is coming from. 

Have a good week. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just switched from an Inspire HR to an Inspire 2 and am also seeing lots of bugginess with the notification settings. I can get notifications working for awhile, and then all of the sudden they stop pushing through to the Fitbit from my phone. So I have to go into the app and fiddle around toggling things on and off for it to start working again. And no, it isn't because I accidentally activated DND or sleep mode. If I go to the bluetooth settings on my iPhone and toggle the "Share System Notifications" toggle off and back on, that sometimes fixes it for awhile. But the toggle is always on when I go to that menu, so something's buggy. I didn't have this problem at all on my Inspire HR.

Best Answer
0 Votes