Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not wearing due to black screen but still tracking to dashboard

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Approximately 3-4 weeks ago my Inspire 2 screen went black; it was still tracking but black.  I tried all the suggestions to reset and they all failed.  This was a gift I loved for the less than 2 years I owned it, but because I could no longer see the time, I stopped wearing it. The Fitbit has been tucked away in a jewelry box since. After months of believing this wonderful little device was fairly accurately tracking steps and sleep patterns, I was surprised to find it is, according to my dashboard, continuing to track steps while remaining stationary in a jewelry box.  I am curious how it is continuing to track even though I am not wearing it. Additionally, if there are any new recommendations for resetting it, I would appreciate hearing them.  Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@LK64 , A warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your message. 

Please make sure that the surface where the jewel box is, has nothing on it that may cause vibrations. (eg. Fan, Pc, etc)
This could cause that the Inspire 2 recognizes the vibrations as steps. 

Also please make sure that on the Fitbit App you don't have MobileTrack activated. 
This is a feature that captures the steps using the sensors on your phone. THis is thought to be used if you left your FItbit at home. 
After syncing if the tracker does not have steps on it but your phone recorded some, those will appear on the tracker. .

To check if MobileTrack is on, open the Fitbit app.
Tap on the devices icon (upper left corner) 
You'll see the devices paired to your account. 
If you see the mobile device option listed there, MobileTrack is on.
Tap on it to remove it from your account. 

You should see any additional steps added if you get near the Inspire 2.

To restart the Inspire 2, follow the steps here: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

I also recommed you to have a look at this: 
OpenHow do I store my Fitbit device long term?

Ans if you haven't done so yet, please give our team a call or chat with them regarding the display of your Inspire 2. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes