Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Charge and New Inspire show different amount of calories

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got the Fitbit inspire over the weekend. I’ve noticed some differences from my old charge, one of them being that the data on my app is higher than the data on the app itself. In addition, both numbers available for calories burned seem too high as my old one had me burning on average ~2500 a day and the inspire says I’m burning 3000 a day. Is there something I can do to at least solve the differing data issue? Grateful for any help!

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi @emk97, welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. I'm glad to see you here. 

Congrats on your new Inspire HR. I'll be glad to help you out with the differences that you can see on your Charge and Inspire HR. 

We might have to check a little more information on what activities you're performing to get a possible reason and how you're wearing your devices. It's important to specify whether you wear the device on your dominant or non-dominant wrist during setup:

• The dominant wrist setting decreases the sensitivity of step counting and should reduce any over counting of steps when your body is not moving. Your dominant hand is the one you use for writing and eating.
  • The non-dominant wrist setting increases the sensitivity of step counting and should reduce any under counting of steps.

To start, the Wrist setting is set to non-dominant. Change your wrist setting in the Fitbit app > Account > Device > Wrist Placement. I'd recommend checking this article to have more details about calories burned: how does Fitbit estimate how many calories I've burned?

Please give it a try and keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes