Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Inspire not charging

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

I hope someone can shed some light please.  I have an ancient fitbit (possibly the original Inspire, but cannot find picture of the back on internet) that was out of charge a few years back 😉 and have since moved house.  Hence, of course I no longer have the charger.  I ordered one online, but it must be the wrong type as my fitbit has 3 contacts on the back and the charger only has 2 and will not charge.

If it helps, the device is about 38mm long, 15mm wide, purple, has three contact dots on the back and is v v simple.  I am grateful for any ideas of model so I can try to source a charger that works.  Thanks in advance.

Moderator edit: clarified subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the forums @reb136.

Thank you for sharing with me the details about your inquiry. 

I'd invite you to check the Inspire User manual. As far as I know, the Inspire has 3 contacts on the back and its charger just has 2. So, I suppose you have the correct one.

The tracker is not one of the newest, and you haven't charged the tracker several years ago. It may be the reason why it's not charging.

I'd also recommend you clean the contacts as suggested in this article: How do I clean my Fitbit device?

In addition, please follow the steps suggested in this article: Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?

Best Answer

Many thanks 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you click 'Help" at the top of this page, then 'More products' you can see pictures of all. Click of any picture will take you to page for it, including link to manual that will have diagram of front and back and charger.  Also noted Inspire and Inspire HR look very similar on front but probably different on back - could probably see difference in diagram in manual. If can narrow down to 2 or 3, might be worth buying cheapest 3rd party chargers from Amazon to try.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes