Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording heart rate from Inspire 2 in a Strava activity recording

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, all (and Happy New Year!). I just got an Inspire 2 (my first Fitbit) and hope to use it to record real-time heart rate in a Strava activity recording when I outdoor bike. I’ve linked my Fitbit and Strava accounts successfully. When I go on a ride, is there anything else I need to do or will the Fitbit data flow to the Strava app automatically as I ride? Thanks.

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

Hey @Giampi71 , thanks for confirming!  

The pieces of this puzzle appear to be coming together for me!  

It looks like to get the fitness experience I want, I can't get there from here, with the current equipment I have.

If I want the pace cues, I can get that from Strava app, or Fitbit app - and forego getting the heart-rate tracking on the activity.  

If I want the heart-rate tracking to land in Strava, then I can get that from Inspire 2 - and forego getting the pace cues.

Looks like to get the whole picture in Strava, then I should explore getting a different HR tracker.  Wondering if another FitBit device would work here?  I'll do more research! 

Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@coreman I'm sad to say but not Fitbit device can offer what you ask.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mercat68 

How long should it take for the heart rate to be added to Strava? I just did a test activity started from my Inspire 2 with GPS from my phone. The activity ended up being 1 minute. I got my heart rate up and then finished the activity. It showed up on Strava within seconds but I don't see heart rate yet.

Thanks!

Thomas
Best Answer
0 Votes

@OfficialThomas it should appear with the activity - there’s never been any sort of lag for me. Did you look under the “view analysis” (phone) or the “analysis” menu (desktop) for the heart rate graph? It doesn’t display on the main activity page, just on the analysis subpage.

Best Answer

Hi @OfficialThomas and @Mercat68. the Inspire 2 does have the ability to start a recording of your exercises from the wrist. See page 35-36 of your user manual

When you start the recording this way, keep the phone with you, you will get GPS and heart rate. Strava will then display both. 

@coreman if you want to see pace on the wrist, see page 36 of your user manual and how to customize the exercise settings. You want to turn on cues, then your tracker will pulse and display your pace cue. Then after a sync, Strava will get your data. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My inspire 2 will not give me heart rate data on a tracked walk....ever! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I track my walks everytime through the fitbit app with GPS.

It has never shown heart rate data on the route screen. It shows energy, pace etc, but not heart rate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Heart Rate will not be found on the route screen.

In Strava tap the title of your event.

Screenshot_20221105-222855_Strava.jpg

Then tap View Analysis 

Screenshot_20221105-222940_Strava.jpg

Then scroll up

Screenshot_20221105-223022_Strava.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LJF61  You need to start tracking from the Fitbit itself (tap both side buttons, scroll up twice to exercise, tap it and then scroll to select your desired workout and then tap it, finally tap the large arrow to start tracking), for some reason starting in the app doesn't attach heart rate data to the exercise.

Best Answer

@DrSteveBrule your correct, and the reason that starting in the fitbit app doesn't work, has been explained above. 

For Strava to get any recorded event the gps needs to be turned on, and the heart rate needs to be recorded. 

Starting from the phone 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so much for your reply.

Regards,

Linda Ponsford
Best Answer
0 Votes