Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reminders to move not working on Inspire 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My inspire 2 is not giving me the hourly reminders to move. I've checked my settings several times and it appears to be set up properly, but still no reminders.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

Mine is also not consistently giving reminders, yet they are turned on in dashboard.  Actually today I noticed only one reminder--sitting in a coffee shop with a friend.  Possibly they need to be more arresting or easier to recognize!!! How to get help on this.  I am disappointed that I only get the 250 steps in 3 hours of the day!!!!!  Yuk! Want to do better.

Best Answer

I don’t get any remainders. 
Furthermore, my device is out of sync with the app. I have 6 hour of 11 in my inspire 2 but in the app, I only have 2 of 11.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SRL1967 @Luzmo84 @susanwalk65 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thank you for getting in touch about this. 

I appreciate the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. I would like you to double check that your Reminders to Move have been properly set in your Fitbit app, once you've set them please sync your Inspire 2 to update its settings. 

Also please confirm that your Inspire 2 isn't set to "On Clip" this will avoid that you receive reminders to move. Learn more about it by checking this article: How do I navigate my Fitbit device? 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hi Silvia,

Thanks for your answer.

These are my settings:

599E50CB-3DAA-4BC4-AF77-12FDD93140BE.jpeg

12E3A64C-F412-4E5F-AC6B-3B363DA57A15.jpeg

The sleep mode is also off:

DEF45391-E658-4D22-B5A0-8C9BD77496BD.jpeg

And the notifications are on for my device and my phone:

FBEAB636-7B90-43AE-9221-DC070FBC7D1B.jpeg

B7F371A6-E8D7-447F-AF4E-8C82F001DD97.png

And I sill do not get any notification from Fitbit or 5K runner.

Regards,

Luz

Best Answer

Hi,

It finally works! I have restarted my device connecting the charger and pressing the side button for long.

This action turns the sleeping mode 'ON'. I deactivate it and now I get the 'Remain to move' notifications and also the '5K runner' notifications.

Regards,

Luz

Best Answer

@Luzmo84 Thank you for getting back. I appreciate the pictures attached, I'm glad to hear that after you deactivated the "Sleep mode" you received reminders to move. 

Feel free to post back if you have any additional questions! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SilviaFitbit ,

Thanks for your answer. I would like to report the issue again.

It only worked for a day. Today doesnt work anymore. I really dont know what to do. 

I did not change the settings.I  restarted it again after notice that it did not notify me. This time the "Do not disturb" was "on" after the restart (no before). I turned it off. So, the settings are exactly the same as in the pics.

Best Answer

Hello @Luzmo84 and @SilviaFitbit I have the same problem, I noticed that dnd mode activates itself when wearing the fitbit... A "long press" on the sides makes pop the dnd function... then an unwanted smooth touch (clothes or...) activates DND mode !! How to change that behavior ?

If we can choose what the "long press" does, we can avoid that problem !

Thx

Best Answer

@Luzmo84 Hi there! Thank you for getting back. In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team and someone will contact you as soon as possible. Keep in mind that due to recent events affecting our operations we may take a bit longer to get back to you. 

@andrasie It's nice to see you in the Fitbit Community! Thank you for the details mentioned. The quick settings will be activated when you press and hold the buttons on Inspire 2, once this has been activated, you're able to choose a setting.

At the moment it's not possible to change this setting, however you may want to post your idea in our Feature Suggestion board those are reviewed by our team and the status will change depending on Fitbit plans. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me, too.

hello. I’ve been working for hours today to try to learn my Inspire 2. I finally discovered that the 1) sleep section must be set up thoroughly, even if you don’t plan to fall asleep at a set hour. 2) the part about the “do not disturb” is a big deal. Once you have your sleep setting established, you can turn off “do not disturb” which allows hourly reminders to appear AND (I don’t know why) the clock to turn on when you turn your wrist toward yourself. I’ve also seen owners upset about the brightness of the screen, which can be improved by locating the DIM setting on the device. Personally, I wish everything could be set up in the app, rather than squeezing, tapping and scrolling the tiny device. (Mine was a gift.).

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

@apple10 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thank you for getting in touch about this. 

Your feedback and comments are appreciated, we're always striving to improve our services offered. The best place to make your voice heard is our Feature Suggestion board, those ideas are reviewed by our team and users have the opportunity to vote and comment on them to show their support. 

Just wanted to confirm that your Inspire 2 will track your sleep automatically, just wear it to bed and sync to see your stats in the morning. Learn more about it by checking this article: How do I navigate my Fitbit device? 

Best Answer

hi @apple10 @Luzmo84 and others, vote for this suggestion please https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Customize-Inspire-2-Long-Press-feature/idi-p/452...

to get rid of this problem...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having this issue constantly as well.  It will give reminders, then it doesn’t.  Did support come up with a fix?  This is quite disappointing.

Best Answer

I have the same issue!!! Never worked when I first got it and then it worked for a whole week a week ago... since 12/2/2020.then it went away.....

Best Answer

I've noticed that my hourly reminders to move are wildly inconsistent.  Earlier in the week it worked perfectly, buzzing me every hour that I hadn't gotten my 250 steps by :50.  Now it reminds me some of the hours.  Today I met my goal before 7:50am, it buzzed me at 8:50am and 9:50am, but I didn't get a 10:50am reminder and now I won't get my star for today.  (#firstworldproblems, I know.)

I checked that it hasn't accidentally switched to DND or Sleep mode, and it vibrates for all my texts and emails.  (In fact, I just got the buzz that I got an email from Fitbit because I set up my community profile so that I could post this message.)

I don't know why it's randomly skipping hours.  Hopefully someone has a way to fix it?

I forgot to add: it's showing 51%, so it's not super low battery or anything. 

JuanJoFitbit_0-1624458381816.png

Best Answer

In the 3 weeks since activating, I’ve re-paired it with my phone once and seemed to work, but this week stopped notifying to move or buzzing when earning zone minutes. I’ve reset both plugged in and on the wrist and resynced after. Spent 20 minutes on help desk chat that had me revering my settings, then walk through the device set up in the app again without removing the device. Then told me to wait a couple of days and gave me my case #. Will be back to reopen the ticket and try to solve today. The whole reason for trying a tracker was to get me away from desk during the day without cluttering my calendar with screen pop ups to accomplish the same thing! So missing the gym almost a year in!

And the move notifications have magically started again at :50, but missed my first hour. Now if the sleep score would display on the band!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My sleep score on my Fitbit only displays after I review my data in my phone and then synch again. My remind to move also started working better in the past week.

I had problems similar to yours in setup. So I setup everything the way I wanted it and then removed the Fitbit from my phone and the app. Then I added it back and it’s been working pretty well ever since.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Under the settings on the Fitbit device there's a tab for Do Not Disturb. Click on that and you'll also see Excersise Notifications. After a bit of fiddling I was able to get Do Not Disturb to off and Excersise Notifications to on. Seems to be working so far. 

Best Answer

My sleep data initially appeared on the band, but is generally missing
after a morning sync. It seems to have been a longstanding known issue that
has yet to be resolved through a software update.

Interesting. It was why I questioned the agent in the Help Desk Chat when
they wanted me to step through the setup again as if it was a new device,
but didn’t have me forget the device or remove it from the app.

My second to last hourly reminder didn’t happen yesterday after starting up
at the second hourly reminder, but I did get my 300 weekly active minutes
and 10,000 steps notifications.

Yes, my DND and sleep mode have both been off while I’ve had issues with
move notifications.

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer