Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Food Plan calorie goal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I have an issue with my Fitbit app/dashboard. I was clicking around on the dashboard web app, and thought I'd see what a Food Plan was. I REALLY regret it now.

I didn't know what it was. Now my Fitbit insists on giving me a calorie goal. I  DO NOT want to see red gauges, and message like " ____ calories left!" as this can be very psychologically damaging.

I was happy before, when my Fitbit had no calorie goal, and I was able to check day-by-day to see if my calories were in a healthy range of my TDEE. Now, if I set my goal to maintenance (as is suggested on this board when others have asked for help with the same topic), my phone app dashboard says "___ calories left"  on the main screen. And when I click on the food log screen it says "____ calories left for the day." If I delete the weight goal, it forces a goal of 2000cal a day, that can only be over-written by another hard number.

Previously the food log said nothing about calories left. I want it to say nothing again. Is there any way to change it back to how it was before I clicked on the Food Plan link? Do I need to start a new account and lose all my previous data?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

@wonderfullife Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here! Sorry for the delay in my reply.

Let me help you with your Food Plan's calorie goal. You can set the Food Plan to maintenance by editing it. Please follow these instructions to do so.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, you must have missed it, but I mentioned in my post that just setting it to maintenance is not what I want. I want it to stop saying how many calories I have "left" on my home-screen, like it did before I clicked on the food plan link. I find these messages harmful psychologically, and I don't want it on my app.

Best Answer

@wonderfullife thank you for the reply, sorry I missed that.

Currently this isn't available but you can share your idea in our Feature Suggestions board. Search for the idea first to see if one already exists so you can add your vote. The more votes an idea gets the more likely the developers will try to implement it. 

If you wish you can delete your account by following these instructions.

I'll be around.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, Alvaro. I see there was a thread about this in 2014, but it was locked and rejected. 

I'd like to bring up to the Fitbit team, that for people with histories of ED and body dysmorphia, seeing messages like "You have ____ calories left!" is very triggering and psychologically damaging. You may trigger a relapse (that could last years) in people who have recovered. This feature should be removable as a matter of social responsibility. 

I have started a new account, which means I've lost all my data, and badges. This should not be the only solution to this problem.

I am disappointed in the way this topic (in 2014) was dismissed and locked to block further discussion.  It tells me that the Fitbit team does not care about users' mental health. I will keep this in mind when replacing my fitness tracker, and when investing. 

Best Answer

Yes, this is exactly what is happening with me. I need it removed asap as its damaging my relationship with food even more and triggering my ED. If the fitbit team sees this, PLEASE MAKE IT AN OPTION 

Best Answer

I agree, FitBit needs to give full controls to the users; I accidentally "achieved" a badge once and was told by FitBit it can't be removed. I don't know if your app is set up this way but on my dashboard (I use the Android app) there is an edit button upper right that pops in little x boxes beside each block (steps, sleep, water etc) and if you tap it the block goes away. It probably doesn't delete the food plan but perhaps at least it won't be visible anymore.

Best Answer
0 Votes