Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep and Water data not showing on the Inspire HR

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The sleep section is darkened, while the water section shows zero even though the app shows 1000. Tried syncing the device and restarting it but doesn’t work

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Edit: 06/04/2019: Data still not showing. Factory reset, restart still doesn't help. Forget device doesn't help.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Is your bluetooth and/or google able to read your location? I got my sleep measurements back for the first time today. That is the only thing I noticed. Google had asked to track my location. I allowed and poof suddenly I've got my sleep info back! 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
109 REPLIES 109

Hi @Anson2468, glad to see you on board. Smiley Happy

I'll do my best to help you out with the issues with your Inspire HR not showing your sleep and water. Thanks for trying the restart and checking if your Fitbit is syncing. At this moment we don't have more users reporting similar issues, so let's check the basic information first.

What model of phone/device you're using to sync? Please confirm that it is listed here. Also check if your phone and Fitbit app are up to date. Then follow the steps suggested here:

1. Force quite the App and turn off your phone
  2. Open Fitbit App, go to Account (upper right corner) > Delete Fitbit tracker from the Account
  3. Open the Bluetooth Setting on your phone and delete Fitbit tracker from there too
  4. Reboot Bluetooth to make sure tracker is not there
  5. Restart your tracker a couple of times and Access back to Fitbit App > Account to set up your Fitbit Inspire HR back
  6. Turn on notifications

I hope this helps.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem with sleep. Not sure about water - not currently tracking water.  Sleep time eventually randomly shows up on Inspire HR hours into the day - today 4pm. All other stats update real time. Have used Fitbits since Feb 2010. All day sync is on.

Still does not work.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Hi, this method worked one day after resetting the device, but it is not showing again. Please have a look at this problem.

Best Answer

I have got the same problem too, brand new inspire HR, did u manage to resolve this issue?

Best Answer

Chatted with fitbit rep. They are aware of sleep issue.

Heres a work around - and it did work for me. 

Go to settings on computer and change sleep from regular to sensitive setting

Nevermind. Woke up this morning and checked. No sleep data and icon dark again.

Best Answer

Hi, I have had my inspire hr for just over a week and have the same problem as Anson2468, i.e. dark blank sleep with _ _ underneath and bright water log saying 0ml on Fitbit display even though the app and pc dashboard are logging both seemingly correctly.  I’ve tried your suggestions but there was no change. Can you, or anyone, offer any further advice please?

Thanks

Best Answer

Have the same issue with my 1week old Inspire HR.

Changed sleep settings to sensitive. It worked and Sleep data shows on mobile/computer app.  But icon on tracker is still dark and blanked off. 

Software issue? 

Best Answer

I’ve just downloaded an update and now the sleep and water icons have vanished from my Fitbit!  They are still present in my phone app though.

edit: having used the Fitbit for most a day following the update i actually prefer the new icons.

2nd edit: sleep and water icons have suddenly reappeared, but they do seem to be updating properly following syncs so far 🤞 

3rd edit: ok, been a week or so since the update and the sleep and water displays have reverted back to be not working, i.e. dark sleep ‘- -‘ and bright but ‘0’ water.  Very annoying, I wish I could set them to not be displayed.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue brand new inspire HR, the sleep icon is dark and the water shows 0. The Fitbit app shows the correct sleep and water information

Best Answer

Same problem with mine. Got it for my birthday yesterday and sleep darkened and water not syncing

Best Answer

Go into the app on your computer and change sleep setting to sensitive 

Best Answer
That’s a ridiculous solution. Why have normal sleep sensitivity? Isn’t normal, um, normal. Depending on how you sleep, sensitive likely will show that you have been awake half the night. Ctl-Alt-Del ??
Best Answer

After raised a case with fitbit for this problem they have asked for me to send my inspire hr to them and have it replaced, apparently there is no solution for the sleep part being darkened.

I'm still waiting for the replacement, I will keep you guys updated

Best Answer

The " ridiculous" solution was given to me by a Fitbit representative when I called with the problem

However, even if it wasmy idea,

There was no excuse for your rudeness.

Best Answer

Changing that setting didn't work for me, neither did deleting reinstalling etc as per first suggestion. Not too stressed about it but like options to work. 

Best Answer

Agree. We pay for them.

rudeness? we were sold a partly defective product and given a lame “solution “. Is that really rude? And this is not a new issue. The April 15 response was to an already existing problem.
If your car manufacturer told you that you couldn’t use Reverse or couldn’t make Left turns unless you first turned the car off and restarted it and you objected, would that be rude? Really? The car does work.

Best Answer
Tried this but hasn't worked. Have also done the app update and that also
hasn't worked.
Best Answer

btw - any “rudeness” was not directed at you. It was directed at the response. Fitbit should acknowledge the problem, take ownership and tell us the truth until they have a fix and not waste our time. 

Best Answer

My son and I are having the same issue. Sleep, water and days exercised quit showing on the inspire HR. It still shows the data on the app and the online dashboard

Best Answer