Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep and Water data not showing on the Inspire HR

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The sleep section is darkened, while the water section shows zero even though the app shows 1000. Tried syncing the device and restarting it but doesn’t work

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Edit: 06/04/2019: Data still not showing. Factory reset, restart still doesn't help. Forget device doesn't help.

Best Answer
109 REPLIES 109

Just an update - no surprises, sleep was not properly tracked after changing the settings to 'sensitive' . Going to return the Fitbit Inspire HR to never return to Fitbit as a customer. We're done folks.

Best Answer

Is your bluetooth and/or google able to read your location? I got my sleep measurements back for the first time today. That is the only thing I noticed. Google had asked to track my location. I allowed and poof suddenly I've got my sleep info back! 

Best Answer

It's nice to see you around @ALDT@JJallen@Jojo2707 , @10ksteps@CantabriaH ! Welcome to the forums @Leoma , @EileenBBB and @Lyta ! I am sorry for the delayed response. 

@ALDT I am glad to hear your sleep and water has started showing correctly on your device. Thank you for sharing your solution! I am sure it will be helpful to other users as well. If you would like to check on how to navigate on your device's screen, please see here

@Leoma Congratulations on your new tracker. Thank you for sharing your experience. I understand your position, our team is aware of the issue and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. I recommend trying these troubleshooting steps including a restart to see if the issue persists. 

@JJallen@EileenBBB, @10ksteps and @Jojo2707 thank you for sharing your experience. I appreciate your efforts to resolve the issue and your understanding while our team is working on a fix.  Please confirm if you've tried these steps including restart in order to resolve the issue. 

@CantabriaH I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your experience. Thank you being a Fitbit customer, I appreciate your efforts to resolve the issues. I understand how frustrating this is for you and I'm sorry to hear that you decided to return your tracker. We appreciate your feedback since this helps us to keep improving.

@Lyta I am glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue. Thanks so much for your efforts, I appreciate you sharing your solution! 

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I got my Fitbit Inspire twi days ago and having the same issue - sleep icon dark on the device but the app is tracking my sleep correctly. I read the entire discussion here but am confused as to what the official fix is recommended by Fitbit? Turn on Google location tracking? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Make sure ur location service is always on instead of turning it on to “while using” only

Best Answer

Hi, I am no longer a Fitbit customer. I have returned the device and exchanged it with a Garmin vivosmart 4. So far I am happy with it. It also offers a far wider range of reports, tracking options etc.

Best Answer

I'm on the verge of taking mine back too. Now it doesnt record my sleep in the app properly. Says I'm asleep when I'm watching TV but doesnt record all the time I'm in bed. Despite all efforts on my part it still does not show sleep on the device and shows water when it feels like it. 

Best Answer

Yes I’m able to be still enough that my fitbit records me sleeping. I just delete it. I figure –go for the Gamin (sounds interesting) mentioned earlier, or feel the guilt. The fact that it calls us out as napping when we are not says a lot about our lifestyle. Mine, anyway.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums @Vmoens ! It's nice to see you around @Anson2468 , @CantabriaH , @karenls and @Lyta . I am sorry for the delayed response. 

@Vmoens Congratulations on your new Fitbit Inspire HR! Thank you for sharing your experience with tracking your sleep. I am glad to hear the app is tracking your sleep correctly. Have you tried what @Anson2468 suggested? Our team is aware that some users are experiencing the issue with not being able to see a sleep record on the tracker, and we're working on the fix. 

@Anson2468 thank you for your efforts to help!

@CantabriaH thank you for the input. 

@karenls thank you for joining the conversation and sharing your experience. Autodetection is based on your movement. If you’re not moving but not asleep for long periods of time it’s possible for your device to falsely record sleep, in which case you can delete the sleep log from your history. Regarding the issue with sleep and water showing on the device, I appreciate your patience while our team is working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible.

@Lyta thank you for your input and feedback. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

So over the Inspire HR. Now it is not recording my heart rate consistently.... one of the reasons I bought it and also not tracking my sleep... the other reason I bought it, and yes I changed the sleep to sensitive. So over this. Never should have changed from the Alta. 

So now I am not getting the above 2 things, nor is the sleep showing on my tracker. 

I think it might be time to take it back and switch brands. Very disappointed fitbit that so many people are having so many issues with this model. You are letting a lot of people down.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @karenls , thank you for your reply. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

I am sorry to hear you continue experiencing issues with your device. I understand how frustrating this is for you and I'm sorry to hear that you're thinking to take it back. I understand your position and appreciate your feedback since this helps us to keep improving. 

Upon checking with our Support team, I was told that you have already contacted them. I know they will be glad to help you in the best possible manner, please keep working with them. 

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have the same issue with the sleep tracker. i dont use the water tracker so i dont know if that works or not. haven't even owned my fitbit a week

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums @cmegs.

Congratulations on your new tracker! I am sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing with tracking your sleep. I recommend changing the sleep setting to "sensitive",  if you haven't done that already. Please find the steps here

For information about tracking your sleep, please see this help article: How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device?

Please keep me posted.

Best Answer

@LiliyaFitbit I'm not having trouble with the device actually tracking my sleep cycles, that seems to be relatively accurate when I look it up in my app. My issue is that the screen where the moon is, is always a dark grey and has no details on it. From research I believe this screen is meant to show how many hours you slept last night, but I have never seen this feature working on my device so I can't know for sure what it's meant to display

Best Answer

My Inspire HR still does not show anything on the sleep app screen. It works fine on my phone app but is blank on my fitbit. Does anyone have a solution?

Best Answer

Hi @cmegs, thank you for your reply. Welcome to the forums @Emmals1992. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

I appreciate the information that your sleep is showing on the app but not on the tracker itself. Thanks for letting us know about this issue. I would like to confirm that our team are aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. I appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

I'll be around if you need further assistance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having the same issue of sleep and water not updating on my 3 week old Inspire HR. Everything else appears to be working as expected. When might a fix for this issue be available?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums @Kldavis. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

Thank you for joining the conversation and reporting the same issue you're experiencing with your 3 week old Inspire HR. I appreciate the information that beside the sleep and water not updating on your device, everything else is working as expected. Unfortunately we haven't received any updates about this for the moment, however our team is actively working in order to have a solution released soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the sleep problem for past 10 days. Prior to that it was working OK. I have changed sleep setting to sensitive and see if that fixes the problem. The real issue is that Fitbit should come up with a solution to satisfy its many unhappy customers. I await with bated breath!

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @OldBill.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and letting me know that you've had the sleep problem for the last 10 days. I appreciate your feedback since we're constantly working on improving our devices and user experiences. Thank you for your efforts to resolve the issue by changing the sleep setting to sensitive. Have you tried to change the clock face or restart your device? 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes