Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep and Water data not showing on the Inspire HR

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The sleep section is darkened, while the water section shows zero even though the app shows 1000. Tried syncing the device and restarting it but doesn’t work

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Edit: 06/04/2019: Data still not showing. Factory reset, restart still doesn't help. Forget device doesn't help.

Best Answer
109 REPLIES 109

I have not experienced any resolution to the sleep problem. Today I have restarted my device. Also have downloaded the latest Fitbit update today. Tomorrow may bring results but I am not holding my breath after having read other customer posts in this forum!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I had stopped commenting here cause nothing really being done to resolve the issue. My sleep track functions when it wants to, sometimes once a week sometimes not at all thats following all the advices everyone been posting here.😑

Best Answer

Well, my sleep track function still AWOL. I have come to the conclusion that if Fitbit Inspire was a motor vehicle, there would be a world wide recall to fix what is essentially a dysfunctional and defective device. My Fitbit is still under warranty so I will now proceed with a claim.

Best Answer

Why is this forum showing as solved when it clearly isn't? Have I missed a "cure" somewhere?

Best Answer

Have tried all the ways you suggested here but nothing can solve the problems. The sleep option on my device is still dark with 2 dot lines below. 

But no one from Fitbit actually has the way to fix this problem and they marked this problem "Solved". Can't understand.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is a week old and today my sleep part of the watch is dark and no info on my app. Steps way over counted too so I'm getting disappointed in this product.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here!

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of these “reboots” works!

Best Answer

They do work right after the Fitbit syncs with the phone but they only show once. Once you have looked it -it disappears from the Fitbit. It will show again the next day the first time syncs that day.

Sent from Xfinity Connect App

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agree. Nor have the recent firmware update and app updates. These issues now have been ongoing and unresolved for over three (3) months. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That I have not noticed. It did update though

Best Answer
0 Votes

Really disappointed at the time this fix is taking. I am worried now that the store I bought it from wont take it back for a full refund which means I am stuck with it. This sucks Fitbit, you are advertising these units and yet they have obvious flaws. So unethical.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I just bought a fitbit inspired 2 days ago. And since being purchased, sleep does not display on the watch. It does on the app, but not the watch. I've seen countless forums with this same issue from 5 months ago. Have we got a fix yet? Does the product need to be recalled? Should I buy a Garmin watch? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Its an ongoing issue but for some unknown reasons, they put "solved" which is not true. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It actually does show but doesn't stay on the Fitbit. When you wake up once you sync to your phone, iPod, Ipad, etc  you can look at the Fitbit and it will be there same with your water intake; once you add what you have drunk you can see it on the watch but AFTER the sync but it will go away before the next nights sleep and or after another sync. SO if you can't remember how long you slept or how much water you drank the hour before your last sync then this Fitbit is not for you. Just remember syncing updates your fitbit so after you wake up and work walk etc and sync the sleep from the night before will no longer be visible on the watch but is thereafter the 1st sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased my Inspire HR one day ago. My sleep and water do not work either. After reading this forum, it would have been nice for Fitbit to let customers know that these things were not working before having us purchase something that was knowingly defective. How is the company going to remedy this?

Best Answer

Quite frankly I'd take it back for a refund. This has been going on for ages with no solution in sight. My sleep has never tracked, my water tracked once and flights of stairs has never worked either. Total disappointment and rip off.

Maryann Leo

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Hi! I got my Inspire HR yesterday, and both the sleep and water data have never been updated once on my device. I've tried some of the solutions on here, but they don't work for me. Do you have any more advice? Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep take it back for a refund. These issues have been ongoing for many months with no solution, support or empathy in sight.

Maryann Leo
Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope you understand that the water data HAS to be ADDED by you. It should then update when you sync. You also have to add both items to be shown through the fitbit app. Once you have added them and synced and then slept. check your phone to see if they are showing there FIRST. If they show fine on the phone they should show on your fitbit providing you have added them to your fitbit. Sleep will only show once on your fitbit and that is after your fitbit has synced when you have woken up. Once you have viewed it on your fitbit it will disappear but you can see it on your phone anytime. Water shows only after you have added it and synced your phone and will update only after a sync. If this does not work try manually adding your sleep then syncing - again it will only show you ONLY  ON the day of the sleep and only ONCE after you have synced the first time but on your phone anytime.

Best Answer
0 Votes