Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to update exercises on the new Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Unable to change type of exercise in latest update.  I bike and can no longer use the app to monitor my rides.  Very disappointed in latest update.  It’s renewal time for me   If no longer usable will surrender to an Apple Watch. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi there, @Frankdog. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the inconvenience with your activity log after the Fitbit app update. I understand why you're feeling disappointed.  

I've seen you contacted our Support Team after posting here and they've already assisted you. If you still need help or have any questions/concerns regarding the outcome of your case, please feel free to contact our team back for further assistance.

Hope you have a good day!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem - very annoying. I can't modify the type of exercise. 

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem too, very annoying. A way to ‘encourage’ you to upgrade?

Best Answer

Yeah, I don’t like the update either for the same reason 

Best Answer

Really disappointed that I can’t categorize my exercises since update. Is that feature returning?

Best Answer

I have asked the same thing but haven’t heard back from Fitbit

Best Answer

I have the same problem too. It's really irritating always having to go into the app online to update instead of on my phone. Please sort this.

Best Answer

Thanks for your post. I didn’t know I could go online and make corrections to the exercise type. It still sucks that we can’t do it on our phone though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem. I'd like my workouts to represent what I'm actually doing. The only exercise options if you start it at the beginning are Run, Walk, & Hike. And now there is no option to change to it a number of different exercises like before. I more often bike than anything else. I can convert it in Strava, since they are connected, but it should be a direct option within the FitBit app. I'll admit that I also like the old design too. It was more user friendly to my eyes and brain.

Best Answer