Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understand Inspire 2 settings (Lock the buttons, lock the screen, and more)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Thanks for stopping by the Inspire 2 forum! Learn all you need to know about Inspire 2 by checking out the manual. 

Having trouble? Check out our top troubleshooting tips

Pro tip: If you wear your tracker on your wrist, make sure it's set to On Wrist mode to track all your stats.

Quick tips! Check out our helpful tips for getting the most out of Inspire 2, including:

• How to set up the Tile app to find your tracker or phone
  • How to prevent unintended screen taps with the Water Lock setting
  • How to prevent unintended button presses with the Button Lock setting--this is especially helpful during exercise when you might be bending your wrist or wearing your device a little tighter!
Best Answer
66 REPLIES 66

Hey there, this information is really helpful. Thanks for sharing it!

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I locked my Inspire 2, it did down load data at 5pm yesterday and after that the screen keeps showing Download Fitbit App.. I’ve completed all the troubleshooting that’s suggested. And it still is just stuck on that screen. My phone says it’s connected but the app says it’s not syncing 

Please help! I just got it for Christmas and yesterday was my first day using it! 

Best Answer

I want to know how to stop "waterlock" from turning on in the first place. Mine turns on randomly, and it's very annoying to constantly have to turn it off.  Can you issue a software update for this problem?  I'm not the only one complaining about it. 

Best Answer

Unfortunately many of us have been dealing with the same "water lock" issue and Fitbit has not resolved the problem. I personally have had my Inspire 2 for a little over 6 months and have regretted purchasing it since day 1. I like Fitbit and have had 2 previous bands that I loved and never had an issue with. I keep hoping they'll have a fix soon and take care of this problem. Good luck with yours, but for now if I can give you one suggestion, return it for another model. 

Best Answer

I got mine for Christmas and have been having the same issue. It is so frustrating. If I wanted to go for a swim and turn it on, I would but to have it keep popping up is a pain 

Best Answer

Me also. fitbit Inspire 2 locked and / or frozen?

Best Answer

I have tried rebooting the tracker several times and I get issues with unwanted water lock suggestions, not recording my sleep pattern and the alarm not working. I loved my Fitbit Alta I do not like the inspire 2. I also dislike that the date function using the English language is the American style with no options for the more common D/M rather than M/D. The was never an issue with the alts. Would not recommend the inspire 2. 

Best Answer

I am totally confused about this “water lock.” I too have had two fitbits before this inspire2. 
I use mine for measuring my swim lengths, which my previous two did without any ‘ button pressing” 

With this one it doesn’t measure it at all, I wear glasses so obviously can’t see the screen before my swim, button pressing is out of the question. I’m disappointed and exasperated with this inspire 2 

Best Answer

Only had mine for Christmas, I feel as though it was a total waste of money.

I’ve read and re read the instructions, looked on the forums for advice, had a live chat and I still can’t understand why, having set the lengths correctly ( these are the same settings that I’ve used for about the last four years) this inspire 2 won’t register my swim.

The-first two times it only registered 15 minutes after I’d begun , even though I’d set the activity to auto recognise after 10 minutes. The last swim , nothing at all!!!
I give up.

Best Answer

I’d love to get rid of water lock is that possible.. the info says to take off now and then when better than a shower. Did you get an answer?

Best Answer
No suitable answer. They don't seem to care. They feel more people like the
feature than don't. I say they just don't complain about it!!

Stacey
Best Answer

Hi everybody.

Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Inspire 2 before reaching out and for trying the suggested here.

If this doesn't help, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
After a month of on line chat and phone calls plus my tech grandkids.. I returned my Fitbit Inspire 2 ….

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
I would have returned too but my husband bought it in September as a
Christmas gift and it was beyond the return date.

--
Best Answer

@BMDDV Thanks for getting back to us to update your case. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

@SunsetRunner Sorry you feel that way. You can always check your options with our team.  We‘re taking your comments and sentiments in regards to our products into consideration.

See you around.

Best Answer

What options with what team? We are all complaining about the same thing. There is a problem with the "Water Lock" feature. Fitbit refuses to acknowledge the issue nor take our "comments and sentiments in regards to our products into consideration". Just fix this issue!  

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
What options! I have responded multiple time. Nothing is done and you
don't seem to acknowledge that many are complaining about the same issue!
Also, "See you around" is a terrible way to end a conversation with a
customer!

--
Stacey
Best Answer

@SunsetRunner and @Laurel67 thank you for sharing your comments. Sorry about this misunderstanding but our team is in charge to handle this type of cases. As mentioned before, you can keep communication open with them so they can review your case.

Thank you for your understanding. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

all your team ever does is post the same useless article links over and over. 

The inspire 2 is busted, full stop. Y'all should be ashamed.  

Best Answer