Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understand Inspire 2 settings (Lock the buttons, lock the screen, and more)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Thanks for stopping by the Inspire 2 forum! Learn all you need to know about Inspire 2 by checking out the manual. 

Having trouble? Check out our top troubleshooting tips

Pro tip: If you wear your tracker on your wrist, make sure it's set to On Wrist mode to track all your stats.

Quick tips! Check out our helpful tips for getting the most out of Inspire 2, including:

• How to set up the Tile app to find your tracker or phone
  • How to prevent unintended screen taps with the Water Lock setting
  • How to prevent unintended button presses with the Button Lock setting--this is especially helpful during exercise when you might be bending your wrist or wearing your device a little tighter!
Best Answer
66 REPLIES 66

My first Fitbit is inspire 2. I spend time I could be working out trying to unlock water lock. I see many people have the same problem. Returning mine after a week of aggravation. Also the sleep tracker doesn't seem to work.Fitbit Inspire 2 has too many defective units for sale and the company is not honestly responding to the claims  - WATERLOCK. 
Is there another Fitbit Model that doesn't have this rampant deal breaker. I've. heard good things - really surprised how bad this is. 

Best Answer
I had a Fitbit for about 5 years that was simple and did not have a water lock. When the face cracked I went looking for a simple Fitbit. This inspire 2 looked like it was it. I do not want to be available when I workout and I liked the sleek lines of the inspire two. What a mistake! After hours on the phone with help agents and reading the manual thru and thru I decided to give to the experts. My daughter and husband who work in the tech field, their suggestion after more than hour working on it…..return it. I didn’t give up I went back to the phone and talked to a help agent who gave me three suggestions, none of which got me anywhere but water lock. He gave me a number to return the Fitbit which I did.
Ps it was interesting to watch my heart rate go though the roof as I tried to get help.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Hi there, @BMDDV and @iesika. Nice to see you around. Welcome to the Community Forums, @Runner1023.

Thanks for the details provided in your posts and for contacting our team. I understand how you must be feeling, we'll provide your feedback to our team. We‘re taking into consideration your comments and sentiments in regards to our products and services. Sorry about any inconvenience related to this issue with Inspire 2.

Thank you for your understanding.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i don’t want my thoughts taken into consideration, that’s a nothing response. i want a replacement with a functional device. i have had the thing for one month and it is broken - send me a new one or give me my money back 

Best Answer

@iesika Thank you for getting back to us. I've updated your case with this information. Our team will be getting back to you shortly.

Once again, thank you for your understanding.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My customer service rep just told me to return it. Sounds like you are not listening either way. I have had many Fitbit’s over the years and this is the first one I am very unhappy with. The water lock feature drains the battery in one day it buzzes so many times. Surely you can send out a patch so that people can choose it or not. It is a horrible feature. Can’t wait for my tracker to arrive so I can return this one. 

Best Answer
I can't return mine. It was a gift and the the return window passed before
I set it up.
Best Answer

I was also told there was zero contact information, I would never be able to speak to someone other than a grunt chat agent, and that it was impossible to escalate to a supervisor, and that there was not even an email address I could contact them at. 

Best Answer

@Laurel67 @jmjohbs @SunsetRunner and @iesika Thank you for sharing your feedback about your last interaction with customer support. Each scenario is different, but I think that you can use the option available according to your warranty information, as it was mentioned by our support team. 

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. Again thank you for your understanding. 

Best Answer

Mine wasn't too bad when I first got it and it has progressively gotten worse.  Now it is happening a lot and is draining my battery.  I have had it too long to send it back, and before it started happening I recommended it to my wife and she got one . . . boy do I feel bad about that.  It has certainly turned me off to Fitbit and I don't plan on wasting my money on anther one, nor will I recommend it to anyone else.

Best Answer

YojanaFitbit, I am wondering if there has been any new updates regarding the problems with the water lock feature as discussed above. I did contact FitBit and unfortunately did not receive a reply nor fix. As mentioned before, the warranty and/or return window closed for many of us. I honestly don't feel that is an answer to our requests either. I do realize you personally are not responsible for this error with the Inspire 2 but again could you guide as to whom to address our problem? Thank you. 

Mine also has gotten much worse. The water lock feature now comes on while I am in bed sleeping....

Best Answer

Oh boy. I wish I had seen these co.ments before getting the Inspire 2. 🥺

Best Answer

I wish I had never changed too, after sync problems settings now all haywire.

Best Answer

Same here 😔

Best Answer

I’m getting ready to sell my Fitbit inspire two how do I reset it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Kristinas8  follow the directions in this article - click to read

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly what happened to me, so I gave up and found an Inspire HR at Walmart, so much better!

Best Answer

I used the Inspire 2 for a run and then it would not stop when I tapped the side - but it went instantly to water lock (ugh).  I tried to quickly touble tap twice and MAYBE that's doing the trick.  Please try on yours and let me know if it works for you.

Best Answer
I know how to turn it off, I don't want it to turn on in the first place!
Lol

Stacey
Best Answer

So far, doesn't work.  So sorry.  I've now been walking while sitting at the computer.

Best Answer