Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understand Inspire 2 settings (Lock the buttons, lock the screen, and more)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Thanks for stopping by the Inspire 2 forum! Learn all you need to know about Inspire 2 by checking out the manual. 

Having trouble? Check out our top troubleshooting tips

Pro tip: If you wear your tracker on your wrist, make sure it's set to On Wrist mode to track all your stats.

Quick tips! Check out our helpful tips for getting the most out of Inspire 2, including:

• How to set up the Tile app to find your tracker or phone
  • How to prevent unintended screen taps with the Water Lock setting
  • How to prevent unintended button presses with the Button Lock setting--this is especially helpful during exercise when you might be bending your wrist or wearing your device a little tighter!
Best Answer
66 REPLIES 66

Idk if you're still having water lock issue but, what worked for me was putting on my inspire 2, one finger behind my wrist bone for normal wear & two fingers behind my wrist bone when exercising.  Hope this helps you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the advice but unfortunately wrist placement hasn't helped the issue. And really, should we have to move it for a "water lock" feature to stop randomly turning on and off? I've given up and looking to replace it with a whole different fitness band. I will no longer purchase nor encourage purchase of Fitbit products after this one and this experience. Sad because I've owned 3 before this one and never had an issue that Fitbit wasn't willing to assist with. 

Good luck with yours and thank you again for trying.  

Best Answer

My water lock turns on & it gets reset to Clip Mode randomly. My green light is always on yet it skips night of collecting sleep data & Below Resting Heart Rate data.  When I scroll to the wristband mode it tells me "Heart Rate, Sleep & other features aren't available". I have Premium but this is half @$$ed!

Best Answer

I wrote a message for Consumer Reports which had a positive review of the
Inspire 2 and its positive review was my reason for going with that failed product. Also, another complaint to my
Silver & Fit exercise program, the source of the wretched device. Put the word out wherever you can.

Out of curiosity I just pulled my Inspire 2 out of the drawer it's been resting in for 6 weeks or so.  Still eager to continue my paused exercise if only I'll push the button.  Still goes to water lock. 

Best Answer

I still have my Inspire HR and after this recent "update" and am going back to it. I see no advantage to this Inspire 2. It has been  nothing but a headache and I'm tired of it resetting itself after I charge it. The only thing I want is my sleep score and heart rate and those are the two things it stops recording when I recharge it. 

Best Answer

Hey need MAC address for my Inspire 2, where can I find it.  Checked my phone and fitbit app all I found is IP address?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your tips. However, since I downloaded the upgrades my Inspire 2 syncs then stops then starts when I go to my account. Then when I go to today it says it’s still trying to sync. Even when it is synced I never receive any notifications. I have Bluetooth on and only on my IPhone and no other devices. I’ve also deleted the app and reinstalled it but continue to have problems.  I also tried the Community but didn’t get any replies. I’d really appreciate some more hints about this. Thank you for your help and support. 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
I am so sorry but there is nothing I can do for you. I have had nothing but problems with mine too. I am absolutely baffled that they haven’t recalled this yet!

Sent from Smallbiz Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer

Thank you for your response. I’m sort of happy that it’s not just me but I’m not happy that even though you and I and possibly many others have  spoken about it that nothing has happened. I really loved syncing my device but have now given up. Let’s hope they fix it soon 🤞🤞🤞

Best Answer
In the meantime, you can still buy one on Amazon for $58. and change.
Fitbit/Google wins.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My inspire2 keeps getting stuck on exercise minutes. Cant get put of it. I even unpaired my fitbit and re installed. Still stuck on exercise and zone minutes.  Can even get back to clock. Not the first time. I'm about to throw it in the bin as it craps out all the time. HELP!!!!

Best Answer

I have not had this problem, but mine was constantly stuck on the stupid water lock.  I finally figured out that I could get back to the clock if I pressed quickly against each side at the same time (squeeze it with your thumb and index finger) - sometimes have to do it 3 times but eventually mine would go back to the main screen.

Best Answer

i feel so bad for you and can understand why you want to throw it out. But, even though I still can’t get any notifications everything else is working. Did you see the post about squeezing both sides at the one time?  It,worked,for me when I previously had this problem. I just wish someone from Fitbit would look at these posts and do something to help everyone who’s having trouble. 

Thanks for acknowledging our posts. However, if you could read them all I think you’ll see that most people have tried all the trouble shooting hints. I know I definitely have on more than one occasion. Since the upgrades I was no long getting notifications from my phone. Then today I saw after recharging it that I did have one notification come through but my didn’t vibrate as it normally did so I again missed a message. I’m sorry to say that many people are very unhappy with the Inspire 2. If the problems were fixed I think you would have some loyal customers. 

Best Answer

Good grief, this annoying. You might as well just say, "Too bad, so sad!" Fitbit obviously does not care that so many customers are unhappy.

Best Answer

AnotherKaren, I couldn’t agree with you more. It seems that no matter what any of us write absolutely nothing happens. I’m still waiting for the notifications to vibrate on my Inspire 2. So, no man where I am or what I’m doing I have to happen the phone next to me and then go in and delete all of the notifications I wasn’t notified of. Not happy.

Best Answer
It took me a long live chat session with technical support. It would not
even turn it off to reboot it. I had to send them photos of my fitbit
screen to prove what it was stuck on. They emailed a replacement form &
then it took about a week to arrive by snail mail. I was wary because it
came in a cardboard envelope without padding. but it charged up great. The
app to disengage the old one & recognise the new one, was a goofy-cartoon
(like all the other FitBit app screens) but my teenager is good at
deciphering IKEA instructions, so I asked for help. Quite a hassle, but it
has worked great for 2 days so far. If it craps out in 3 months, I'll buy
the next one from their competitor.
Best Answer

Hi everything setup correctly then updated and then heartbeat sleep swim  stopped

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi folks, I lost my old fitbit and was given a new Inspire 2. I loved my old Fitbit and still trying to figure out the new one.

My immediate question: I would like to get the hourly reminders that I need to get up and walk but I *don't* want get texts or other notifications sent at the same time and I can't seem to find a way to start one without the other. 

Best Answer

Hi, I completed understand your frustration. I went round and round in circles trying to get answers as to why my Inspire 2 that was doing nothing but giving me my step count. I read every, did everything suggested and still nothing worked. I finally got a Chat asking me to go through it all again only to have it say that the attempt to restock was aborted. I emailed this and was eventually given a new one which I’m very grateful for and is working well. I,still believe all of the problems were caused after I installed an update. So, my suggestion is keep “talking” to their support team. This is the only way to get your desired outcome. Good luck.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, 

I was using my Inspire 2 in water (with waterlock), as I did many times before. Except after this time the battery of my device started to downgrade from holding on for at least a week to not even 3 hours. I really enjoyed using my device, but I don't want to buy a new one.

Could you guys from Fitbit help me with this problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes