Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wellness Launch Q&A

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I just was on the Fitbit app and clicked “setup a new device” and on this list was a cool Charge 3 looking device called the Fitbit Inspire and one called the Fitbit Inspire HR. I googled and can find nothing about it. There’s a picture of it too. It looks new based on the wristband buckle which appears similar to the Charge 3 (round metal instead of flat). If this is a soon to be released watch it looks awesome. The side profile is like a thin half oval. So what is this? Was it mistakenly listed on the app? Is it in development? Going to be announced soon? Any info?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
158 REPLIES 158

This is my issue as well.  I can purchase through my employer but i hate the bands and want to get a leather or metal band.   My company has accessories for every other device but this one.  They do have the clip for the inspire (non HR) but no replacement alternate material bands for the inspire or inspire HR

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Salinwa Great to hear that you are interested in Inspire! The clip is available for the non-HR version of Inspire. For more information on what accessories are available on your plan, please contact your wellness program admin. 

@scardellicchio Awesome to hear that you ordered your Inspire! I've used both and I think that if you liked Alta then you will be happy with Inspire. Feel free to let me know what you think!

@ValerieAnne I do not have any information in regard to a public release but I will be sure to share if information becomes available. 

Shout out to @NellyG. Thanks for the help!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok. Thanks for the heads-up.

--
Peace,
Trish
Best Answer
0 Votes

After realizing it will need charging every 5 days I think my Zip is doing just fine for me. I’ll just get a new zip. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much, ValerieAnne, for mentioning the Walking Spree link! My company doesn't have it available on their corporate site yet, so I just ordered the clip from there. 
Usually Fitbit's customer service has been wonderful so I was really surprised by the lack of knowledge on their product when I contacted them last month. I couldn't understand how can they list the clip and additional accessories in the product description (and specifically in their manual!) but yet had no idea when they would be available, or if they even existed! Of course, my four replies I received from them thanked me for my interest with the standard generic line "We don't have news to share at this time, but you'll be among the first to know when we do." Thank goodness for this forum and thank you again for posting the above info on the clip!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I guess I won’t be able to use my Inspire HR at work. Apparently due to my job of inspecting hotel rooms and having to make wide swipes across desks and other furniture it is counting those movements as steps. Very disappointed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a website to purchase bands for the Fitbit Inspire?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MNY there is a site called WalkingSpree that sells the colored bands (white, black, pink/lavender/red) as well as the clip (non-hr version only). 

You are very welcome, @Michelle119! Somebody posted it in the Fitbit Reddit, so credit goes to them. I also thought/think it's odd that they don't know anything about it, you'd think, even with it being corporate only at the moment, they'd at least know about it for people that have questions. I ordered the clip (and thinking about ordering a few of the colored bands) myself and the confirmation is from Fitbit and the tracking number leads you to the Fitbit page for tracking (details about day, etc...) which made it even more odd for me that they don't know what's going on/about it.  My only thinking would be because it is a corporate only and I did originally hear it may be released publicly in April (on Reddit again) but new devices have leaked (or info) another one for children, the possible versa 2 (different colors) and another with code name Gemini have.... so it's odd that nothing else has been released about Inspire as far as a public release date. 

Best Answer

Does jetblue participate ? Can I get one through them?  That's my husband's employer

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MJB9  Hello, and welcome to the forums.  I think your husband could get this information from his HR department. 

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all! Just thought I'd check in here. Hope everyone is enjoying their new Inspires!

@Salinwa Ha you are right, you sure can't beat that Zip battery life. Those things just keep on running. I can confirm that the expected battery life of Inspire is up to 5 days. 

@SunsetRunner When working at a desk, cooking, or doing other arm movements, a device on your wrist can pick up some extra steps if it thinks you're walking. Many of these situations—such as working or cooking—do include a few steps in-between stationary periods so the device tries to give you credit for those steps. For the vast majority of customers, the amount of stray steps accumulated is negligible when compared to the entire day. For more info on step accuracy, I recommend checking out this article.

Just a reminder for anyone who has questions about accessories (clips and bands). Currently, the availability of these items is determined by the wellness program offering the device, not Fitbit. For more info, I recommend checking with your plan administrator. Thanks!

@LZeeW Thanks for the assistance!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ValerieAnne, I'm so glad you found it and posted it here! And yes, I really thought it was odd, too, that when I placed my order through the WalkingSpree site that the confirmation and emails came directly from Fitbit. And even more odd is that we're supposed to check with our own company's wellness plan administrator about the accessories but not Fitbit? Lol! Well, at least we're finally able to get what we need. Many thanks again!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I can't find a store on the Walking Spree store. Do I have to log in to see
it?
Best Answer
0 Votes
@MNY no, you shouldn't have to log in, I don't have an account.
https://store.walkingspree.com
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you know that I have purchased both the Fitbit Inspire and the Fitbit Inspire HR from my health insurance and I've made an unboxing video for each.

If you want to see what they look like and what comes in the box, you can view the videos on my YouTube channel (Wearable Whisperer):

Fitbit Inspire Unboxinghttps://youtu.be/bSZ9XdZ-L5Y

Fitbit Inspire HR Unboxinghttps://youtu.be/AxdoVWnL3tE

I hope these videos are valuable to some of you and I plan to make more videos about these two new Fitbit trackers and how they compare to other trackers (like Alta, Alta HR, and Charge 3).

If you have any questions about either tracker, let me know and I'll be happy to try to answer them (though troubleshooting issues are better asked of Fitbit Customer Support).

Best Answer

Does it need to have some code from fitbit partner to get connected? Or you can just pair it? I live outside US and interested to buy it from ebay

Best Answer
0 Votes

You don't need anything special to connect it / pair it / set it up, just the most recent version of the Fitbit app (so the devices show up in the list of devices available to set up).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Those that asked/used WalkingSpree. I received the clip today, it's official, official - even in the meaning that it shipped in an entirely too big of a box lol. 

20190211_151332.jpg

I really enjoyed your videos, even though I already had the Inspire for a bit.. so glad people are starting to share..  I need to finish watching/re-watch the HR version though as my internet kept messing up. Do you prefer one over the other, it doesn't look like the HR adds much (if anything) from what I did see.. and I miss an HR, I just get the 'rash' from FB ones.. is this the same HR as in older versions (if you know/can tell)?

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
You're welcome! Happy exercising!!

--
Peace,
Trish
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ValerieAnne

I've been trying to get into Walkingspree site but it looks like it's for registered users only as i cannot see the store front.  

Best Answer
0 Votes