Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wellness Launch Q&A

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I just was on the Fitbit app and clicked “setup a new device” and on this list was a cool Charge 3 looking device called the Fitbit Inspire and one called the Fitbit Inspire HR. I googled and can find nothing about it. There’s a picture of it too. It looks new based on the wristband buckle which appears similar to the Charge 3 (round metal instead of flat). If this is a soon to be released watch it looks awesome. The side profile is like a thin half oval. So what is this? Was it mistakenly listed on the app? Is it in development? Going to be announced soon? Any info?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
158 REPLIES 158

http://store.walkingspree.com/

@SunsetRunner try that,I have no problem with it and that's the link I went to (not a member either). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ValerieAnne That's the link but only lets me buy iWalk Plan for $60.  Whatever this is.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I haven't been on again since I ordered, maybe they took everything else
off other than their health plans to stop people without one from
purchasing?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@KelseyClubb Thanks for your info..

appreciate it

Best Answer

Just Google Walkingspree store. That’s how I able to go directly to the store part 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is what I see when I go to http://store.walkingspree.com/    I tired both home and work computer

I would try the Inspire but w/o the ability to buy accessories or new bands freely w/o jumping through tons of hoops it's a lost cause to me.

This is the store frontThis is the store front

Best Answer
0 Votes

Anyone know the thickness? I want to know how it compares to my Alta hr before I buy.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looks about the same thickness.  Maybe a few millimeters more or less

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have both and I can confirm that the Inspire HR and Alta HR and nearly the same thickness. They also have nearly the same width. They are essentially the same size give or take a few millimeters.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ValerieAnne 

Thanks for letting me know you enjoyed my videos! (They do take time and effort, so it's always great to hear the effort is appreciated.)

==============================

I definitely prefer the Inspire HR to the Inspire.

(Update: I created an in-depth comparison of the Fitbit Inspire vs Inspire HR, including a side-by-side comparison of their features/specs. You can view it on my website here: https://wearablewhisperer.com/fitbit-inspire-vs-inspire-hr/)

For one, I much prefer the Inspire HR's softer and more flexible band that has the more traditional "buckle and keeper" design (compared to the Inspire's band that's more stiff and has a "buckle and clasp" design, where you have to forcibly put the metal "pin" into a hole on the band). The bands are compatible (so you can put an Inspire HR band onto an Inspire, and vice versa, but if you're going to spend additional money on a band, I feel you might as well just spend a little extra more and get all the additional features of the Inspire HR).

Also, having heart rate does allow for additional features on the Inspire HR compared to the Inspire. Guided Breathing and Minutes in Heart Rate Zones probably aren't deal-breakers to not have, but Cardio Fitness Level and Resting Heart Rate can both be good indicators of your health (though I think Cardio Fitness Level isn't as accurately calculated for people above 50 years of age).

And, if you are really into tracking your sleep, having heart rate allows you to get Sleep Stages. Although I can't say knowing my amount of sleep in each stage is particularly useful, I can say that my sleep tracking is more accurate with Sleep Stages. It is really good at knowing to the minute when I woke up in the morning, even if I stay mostly still in bed for several minutes before getting out of bed. This is because it can detect that my heart rate is slowly rising during this time, which is an indicator of being awake, even if my wrist isn't moving to indicate I'm awake.

Another big differentiator is that there is no ability to manually start an exercise/workout on the Inspire. You have to rely on it to auto-detect when you're exercising, but it won't auto-recognize exercises in which your wrists aren't consistently moving (like strength training and stationary bike). If you're just going to go for walks for your exercise and you don't care about seeing any real-time stats about your walk (like elapsed time or distance), then I can see that this wouldn't be an issue for you, but for some, it will be and the Inspire HR will be worth the extra cost.

Also, the Inspire HR allows you to do Goal-Based Workouts, meaning you can specify a certain time, distance, or calories burned that you want to achieve during the workout, and it will let you know when you're halfway and when you've accomplished your goal. I kind of like this feature for my walks around my neighborhood, so I can just do an out-and-back route and know when I can turn around.

Finally, the Inspire HR has Connected GPS meaning that you can use your phone's GPS to see real-time pace and distance info on your display during your workout and then see a map of your route when you view your completed exercise in the Fitbit app.

==============================

Regarding the heart rate sensor, it is definitely a different sensor than the hr sensor on the Fitbit Alta HR, but I'm not sure if the material is any different.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you see any reason to replace an Alta hr with the inspire hr besides the touch screen seeing as they are about the same size?  Plus side for me is the Alta hr has different band material available and inspire doesn't.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Curious on how to have it track while in the clip (not sure if anybody will know as fitbit support says they know nothing about the product or accessories). According to the manual there should be a 'clip' option on the placement (right, left, clip) section. I don't see clip though. Just the wrist options.   

I'm currently wearing on my hip, in the clip, and I know I'm missing a lot of steps. This happens when wearing on bra as well (which is a shame, as I got the non-HR partly for the clip feature. I'd never had problems with the Ultra or Zip missing steps, but this misses about 25% (if not more). I manually counted 200 steps and it only gave me 50-60. I checked the step count and went for a short walk (1/2 mile) and it only counted just about 500 steps (and no activity). 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @ValerieAnne, my clip and Inspire arrived yesterday, yay! 🙂 If you press the button on the device and hold until the display changes, you'll see the battery meter, lightbulb icon, etc....scroll down and you'll see "On Wrist"  - tap that to change to "On Clip" Hope that helps!

I have the same concerns as you do with contacting fitbit support for any Inspire issues since they didn't seem to know anything about the product/accessories. We may be on our own figuring this out? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much, @Michelle119!!!  Hopefully it'll count all my steps (just took 212 steps, back and forth to the other room, and it only counted 75; as I already had over 100 when I started; 111 to be exact, now it shows 186 all together and should be 323) 😕 😕 So def hope the clip fixes the issues, as I said never had issues with the others that were strictly clip on (minus the ultra (my fav)  broke into pieces on because of a roller coaster and I kept misplacing the zip, which is one reason I was pulled towards the Inspire as it could be either way lol)). 

Yes, now I'm saddened that I didn't purchase strap colors (red, white in particular) as it seems like the site isnt' available where I got the clip from.. so now I'm stuck with just black until Fitbit decides on what to do, etc. But I haven't seen anything for the Inspire and saw a few different things for new FB devices/talks about a few different devices (not the inspire, as it is getting a lot of press - since the consumer can't buy it).  Hopefully we aren't, just think it's odd that you'd have to ask your health provider if you have issues with Fitbit and unless they have someone from FB on staff, I don't think those are the people that should/can help with such things. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're welcome, @ValerieAnne! I hope the "On Clip" setting provides more accuracy for you. When I first clipped it on, it seemed to over count my steps at first. Then I jumped on my rebounder for a bit and it under counted them. I have a Charge2 HR that was pretty accurate when I was on the rebounder but I just don't like wearing anything on my wrist. This is why I was really interested in a clip option. I thought about purchasing the Zip but it was no longer available through my company's plan.

I'm so glad I saw the clip on the walkingspree site, I wouldn't have purchased the Inspire without that. And I noticed the site is no longer open to the public. I'm sorry you weren't able to get add'l colored bands before they locked it down.....hopefully they'll pop up somewhere else soon. I have the bands for my Inspire that I won't be using and would be happy to send you. It's the red/berry colored one. Just let me know if you want it.
I wonder if the Inspire will get its own category in the fitbit support forums...it would be nice to know we can go somewhere to get answers 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all!

Just checking in here. Great to see that so many of you have set-up your Inspires and are enjoying them! I am really liking mine as well. Robot Happy

@KelseyClubb Thanks for posting those videos with your initial impressions on Inspire. Can't wait to see how you think it compares to other trackers. 

@Zachrinal Just wanted to confirm that there is no special code that is needed to setup Inspire. It is currently available along with our other trackers and watches in the 'Set Up Device' flow. 

@ValerieAnne Great to see that you were able to get a clip for your Inspire! Let me know what you think. 

For anyone who has received a clip for their Inspire, be sure to toggle your settings to clip mode.

To put Inspire in clip mode:
1. Hold the button down for 2 seconds and swipe up.
2. Tap On Wrist to switch to the On Clip setting and insert the device into the clip accessory. Note: If you want to wear Inspire on your wrist again, be sure to switch your device back to On Wrist mode. 

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

@triciabfit Regarding whether the Inspire HR is worth upgrading from the Alta HR, it depends on what features you use.

The Inspire HR adds:

• Swim-proofing and the ability to track pool swimming as an exercise
  • Connected GPS (see real-time pace and distance during a workout, see route map after)
  • Touchscreen and Physical Button (helps make navigation easier)
  • Multi-sport exercise tracking (start a specific exercise from your tracker and see stats during your workout)
  • Goal-based exercise tracking (start an exercise with a time, distance, or calories burned goal and be notified when you're halfway and when you've met your goal).
  • All smartphone app notifications (not just limited to call, text, and calendar)
  • Timer and stopwatch
  • Guided Breathing
  • Turn screen wake (quick view) and notifications on and off via your tracker (don't have to use your phone; helpful if you wear your tracker to sleep)

For me, the five underlined features above would make it worth upgrading from the Alta HR.

The only feature that might make the Alta HR better for some people is that the Alta HR has an "Up to 7 days" battery life, while the Inspire HR has an "Up to 5 days battery life."

If different band materials are important to you, I'd recommend waiting a few more months to see if the Inspire HR gets officially released to the public. It would likely be in March or April (based on previous spring product releases) and, if so, I'm sure there would be additional accessory bands available to buy from Fitbit.com (and Amazon). There's obviously no guarantee this will happen, but I would be surprised if it doesn't.

Best Answer

Hi all, just checking in here after getting an Inspire HR today through my Medicare supplemental insurance provider. This is my first Fitbit product, after many years using Withings Pulse and then a couple Pulse O2 trackers. (Funny how the companies conspire with washing machine manufacturers to kill them in the wash cycle... Smiley Wink )

Setup was easy with my iPhone XS, and using IFTTT to send my Withings Scale readings to the Fitbit app so everything is in one place. The only problem I have is that the text other than the time is tiny for my 65 year old eyes. I only wear half-glasses when reading a book, so I kinda take a guess as to what it looks like my heart rate, steps, and distance are.

So far, it looks like this is the main Inspire thread to keep up on the latest news, so I'll follow along to see what everyone has to offer!

Thanks for the updates and information,

Slo

Fitbit Inspire HR
Withings Pulse O2
Withings WS-50 Smart Body Anylizer
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, changing to the 'clip' option has been great! I'm getting close to what It should be/what I was getting with the zip/ultra. I say that as, like always, it does fluctuate depending on how fast I'm walking/if I'm on the rebounder, etc.. but it's much better than it was doing without the clip function turned on and wearing it in the clip lol. 

Thanks so much. I will be message you. I like to switch back and forth and the clip is the perfect way (as I tend, esp with Fitbit for some reason) get the 'rash' after a few months, so this way (it shouldn't happen as I don't have the HR version) if I do, I can rest my wrists a bit without having to switch arms or anything lol. That's a hassle to me, as I don't like things on my left wrist. 😄 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No way?! That's pretty amazing how and who do you have for insurance

Best Answer
0 Votes