Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wellness Launch Q&A

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I just was on the Fitbit app and clicked “setup a new device” and on this list was a cool Charge 3 looking device called the Fitbit Inspire and one called the Fitbit Inspire HR. I googled and can find nothing about it. There’s a picture of it too. It looks new based on the wristband buckle which appears similar to the Charge 3 (round metal instead of flat). If this is a soon to be released watch it looks awesome. The side profile is like a thin half oval. So what is this? Was it mistakenly listed on the app? Is it in development? Going to be announced soon? Any info?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
158 REPLIES 158

I received my inspire through my company's health plan. I have had it for about 3 weeks. It is not holding a charge for some reason. I stopped wearing it at night so ot would hopefully hold the charge through my work day. Is it defective or am I doing something wrong?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried disabling the GPS, disabling notifications and All Day Sync?

There is also a brightness setting. Even so, the Inspire definitely burns a battery quickly though it should go at least 3-5 days. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the exact same experience! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The band broke on my Inspire HR but I can't find replacements for sale (either through fitbit or a third party). Any suggestions how I can get a replacement band?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My review:

This is my first digital fitness tracker.  I was forced to one when Go365 got rid of their counterweight pedometers, so I can't compare to other FitBits.  

PROS

• size and weight - very small profile and very lightweight

• OLED screen - high contrast makes it easy to read

• accuracy - seems fairly accurate when compared to the counterweight pedometer

• activity detection - able to detect movement that previous pedometer didn't (like vacuuming)

• notifications - nice to have when turned on, shows enough on the screen, compatible with many apps like SMS, FB Messenger, GMail.

CONS

• support - seems hard to know who to contact for assistance with the device

• accessories - can't find any (Go365 doesn't have any, claims will be available from FB in a few months, FB says to go through Wellness program)

• sync - as with other users, it takes a long time to pair up with my phone or laptop. I do not like having location or bluetooth on and will only turn them on when I need to sync.

• battery life - not the 5 days they claim, maybe 3 at the most

• charge time - takes at least an hour from 10%, so that's an hour of not recording my activity

• weird quirks - have screen wake setting turned off, but if it slides up and down my arm, the screen will come on; warm water can turn and change the screen

• Go365 apparently cannot get caloric burn information from FB, despite FB having an open API

SUGGESTIONS

• brightness setting - it can get bright when the screens turns on while sleeping (wife got annoyed last night), or have a setting like a "Do Not Disturb" setting like on phones

• NO location required - I don't have the GPS enabled version. Why do I need this turned on to sync?

• more clock faces or customizable faces - I like the analog look, but would like step count on there are well

• screen timeout length - a setting to change the length of screen on time would be nice, or a feature that turns the screen on with a push of the button and only that.

• fix the quirks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @ab1111  That is bad news! I will flag your post for a moderator to help you with this.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

@brutus001  I just got mine in from GO365.  So far I haven’t had any issues. Sync isn’t long, maybe a minute for mine 

Best Answer

@CaptionKC Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Could you clarify which screen you are referencing? Currently, the only way an Inspire can be purchased is through select wellness providers. Your program admin may have more info. 

@Meli1168 To turn your HR monitor back on, swipe down on the screen of the tracker until you the gear icon marked 'Settings". Once you tap into that screen you can toggle HR on/off. Let me know if you get it turned back on!

@Momsmess Glad you were able to get your Inspire up and running after a restart. Feel free to let me know if you run into any additional issues. Thanks!

@GinaKos Sorry to hear about your Inspire's battery. If you haven't done so already, I recommend performing a quick restart. You can find detailed instructions on how to do so on page 28 of the manual, here

@brutus001 Thanks for the detailed review! You may want to check out our Feature Suggestions board to submit your ideas for improving Inspire. This is the best way for great ideas like yours to be implemented.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Myndbent wrote:

@brutus001  I just got mine in from GO365.  So far I haven’t had any issues. Sync isn’t long, maybe a minute for mine 

It's hit or miss for me. Most of the times, a miss.  I don't usually sync but once a day, so it's nothing other than an annoyance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MattFitbit, I was referring to the screen at walkingspree.com where some members had posted you could order bands and I was replying to @SunsetRunner where he posted a screenshot which showed no access to a store.  I couldn't access walkingspree.com either.  No worries.  I don't need a new wristband.  I just like to have color options depending on my mood 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ab1111 Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Sorry to hear about your broken band. I contacted our support team and I see that you have an open case with them. Thanks for reaching out. They will be back in touch with you via email shortly. So keep an eye on your inbox!

@brutus001 The amount of time it takes to sync can vary depending on how often your are syncing. The more activity your Inspire has recorded since your last sync the longer it usually takes. I recommend syncing a few times a day to reduce the length of this process or consider turning on All Day Sync (which can be found in the Inspire device settings in the Fitbit App). 

@CaptionKC Thanks for the clarification. You may want to check with your wellness provider to see if they are currently offering Inspire and/or accessories. 

@NellyG Thanks for flagging! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@brutus001 The amount of time it takes to sync can vary depending on how often your are syncing. The more activity your Inspire has recorded since your last sync the longer it usually takes. I recommend syncing a few times a day to reduce the length of this process or consider turning on All Day Sync (which can be found in the Inspire device settings in the Fitbit App). 

Thanks for the suggestion.  I should have actually said the issue was how long it would take for the Inspire to pair up with my devices.  I do not leave bluetooth and location on constantly, only turning them on when I need them. Sometimes it would be a quick pairing, sometimes my phone won't see the Inspire at all, and this would require me to try pairing multiple times.  Once it pairs, the sync is of data is quick.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@brutus001 Thanks for the clarification. In my experience, it can sometimes be helpful to remove any unnecessary Bluetooth connections from the saved list on your phone. There are also some helpful tips for consistent syncing found in this article

Hope this helps! If you have additional questions, you know where to find me. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am looking at either the  Fitbit Inspire or Inspire HR for my wife (who currently has a Fitbit One).  I can get either of these from my employer health plan.  The HR looks like the better device, but I know that my wife would at least want the option to where it on a clip (like her One).  I see in this forum that clips exist for the Inspire, but I don't see anything about a clip for the HR model.  I realize that might be a problem with the heart sensor, but I don't really think she would care about that.  Does anyone know if the clip for the Inspire would also work, physically, with the HR model?  Or will there be a similar, but different, clip for the HR model?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I know you can get the Fitbit Inspire HR for free or a low price (that's what I could do through my employer). But there is no support for the Inspire HR on the FitBit website. You can't even buy a new band -- try looking for one in the FitBit store. Apparently this is a "corporate only" product, so not supported by FibtBit the way it supports its other products. I recommend paying a little more and getting another FitBit like the Charge 3 or something.
Whatever your choice, good luck
Sean
Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not actually find a selection to turn HR on or off... what I did discover is that somehow the clip vs wrist option kept being changed(to clip) which doesn’t capture sleep or HR I guess. It seems to be the case

Best Answer
0 Votes
If I were you I would stay away from the Inspire & the Inspire HR because you well play hell trying to get accessories or support from Fitbit. This product is only offered through your Insurance Company or Wellness provider.  I would strongly suggest you buy the Charge 3 as accessories are available to the public and Fitbit supports it.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

@BBurgDave Welcome to the forums! That's great that you and your wife are interested in Fitbit.

The clip accessory is for Inspire only and isn’t designed to fit Inspire HR. The clips for Inspire are sold separately, so I would check with your wellness provider to see if they offer them. Hope this helps!

@Meli1168 Awesome. Great to see that your Inspire HR is working properly.

@sean_brodrick @Scuba1011 Thanks for sharing your opinion. 

If anyone has additional questions feel free to let me know.Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was interested in getting this from my provider but does anyone know why they do not offer Sangria in the Inspire HR variant? Also, is there anywhere posted of the faces I can change, and which models can change the to the red/lilac text color? 

I was going to migrate away from my Charge 2 and was wondering what else is different besides the swimproof?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Charge 2.  I think the Inspire is sleeker (and a bit thinner) and the Charge 2 has an Altimeter (for tracking stairs) which the Inspire does not.  There is no Clip option for Charge 2 either.  I believe the battery is better in the Charge vs the Inspire.

Best Answer