Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wellness Launch Q&A

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I just was on the Fitbit app and clicked “setup a new device” and on this list was a cool Charge 3 looking device called the Fitbit Inspire and one called the Fitbit Inspire HR. I googled and can find nothing about it. There’s a picture of it too. It looks new based on the wristband buckle which appears similar to the Charge 3 (round metal instead of flat). If this is a soon to be released watch it looks awesome. The side profile is like a thin half oval. So what is this? Was it mistakenly listed on the app? Is it in development? Going to be announced soon? Any info?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
158 REPLIES 158

@MattFitbit I realize that the Clip made by Fitbit was intended for the Inspire, but is the Inspire HR so much bigger it won't fit that at all?  I see that there are 3rd party clips for both the Alta and Alta HR, so I am guessing it's just a matter of time before that is true for the Inspire HR as well?  Does the HR have the "clip on/off" option available to it in the SW as the Inspire does?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Inspire and Inspire HR bands will be interchangeable with each other but not with other Fitbit products such as a Charge 3 or Alta. I hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sure the HR version would fit (in theory) /but the clip itself isn't made for the HR. There isn't a spot for the HR monitor/an opening for it. The clip itself covers the majority of the back of the holder. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ValerieAnne I realize that the HR monitor would be covered by the clip (when it is worn with the clip), but I can get either of them "free" via my health plan and the HR monitor is not the only difference between the devices.  Connected GPS, for example, does not depend on that and is a nice feature of the HR version that would still work with the clip.  The clip is important, though, as my wife is replacing a Fitbit One and prefers not to wear the device on her wrist, if possible.  Hence my question about HR and the clip.  

I see that, even though it is likely not endorsed by Fitbit, 3rd parties sell clips for the Alta HR, so maybe the real question is "when will the Inspire and Inspire HR be released to the public so that 3rd parties will make clips for them?".

Best Answer

@Snake3133 Welcome to the forums! Great to see you are interested in Inspire. To clarify, the available color options for Inspire would depend on your wellness provider. I would check with your program admin. 

For additional info on Inspire and Inspire HR, check out our landing page

@BBurgDave As mentioned, the clip is not designed for Inspire HR, so I wouldn't recommend using it.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if there were 3rd party alternatives that eventually become available. Though this might decrease the accuracy of the device since the algorithms used for Inspire HR are optimized for wearing it on wrist.  

@Chazman2k @ValerieAnne Thanks for the assistance, Fitbit fam!

If anyone has additional questions, feel free to let me know!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

@MattFitbit My understanding is that, for the Fitbit Inspire, there is an option to indicate whether the device is being worn on your wrist, or on a clip.  Are you saying that this option is not also available for the Inspire HR?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I totally want to know the exact same thing! If I can’t change out the band, then I guess I’ll spend twice as much—ugh—to get a Charge 3 bc it has other band options.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlaskaGrrl As I expected, the Inspire and Inspire HR have been officially released to the public and are available to pre-order.

They have additional accessory bands available on Fitbit.com now, too, and says they will ship in 1 week. Here's an example: https://www.fitbit.com/shop/accessories/inspire-metal-mesh?color=rose-gold

Best Answer

@KelseyClubb Thanks Kelsey!  Looking at the product page, it does appear that Inspire has replaced Alta (since I don't see Alta there).

Best Answer
0 Votes

also very likely that 3rd party accessories will be available on Amazon soon. Smiley Happy 

I need a screen protector, I always seem to hit my Fitbits against something and hate to scratch the screen. 

@KelseyClubb wrote:

@AlaskaGrrl As I expected, the Inspire and Inspire HR have been officially released to the public and are available to pre-order.

They have additional accessory bands available on Fitbit.com now, too, and says they will ship in 1 week. Here's an example: https://www.fitbit.com/shop/accessories/inspire-metal-mesh?color=rose-gold

Best Answer

Thank u so much for letting me know! But I can’t believe how high the prices are! I got several cool bands for my Charge 2 from Amazon.com for less than $10. At the cost of these Fitbit bands, I may return my Inspire & pay more for the Charge 3, which I can get cheap bands for!

It’d sure be nice if Alta bands fit the Inspire, bc there’s lots of cool, CHEAP bands on Amazon!

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
This should open the door for off brand accessories. At least I hope....
Best Answer
0 Votes
I wonder how long it might be til Amazon will start selling Inspire bands...that’d be awesome! But I only have 45 days to return it if they don’t soon!
Best Answer
0 Votes

My guess is that 3rd parties have been preparing to make accessories for a while, so won’t be long before they show up on Amazon I bet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BBurgDave wrote:

@MattFitbit My understanding is that, for the Fitbit Inspire, there is an option to indicate whether the device is being worn on your wrist, or on a clip.  Are you saying that this option is not also available for the Inspire HR?

@BBurgDave The Inspire HR will not fit the clip.  At this time, I don't believe a clip option is being developed for the HR version.  If you want to wear it clipped, you'll need to order the regular Inspire. 

However, I have the Inspire HR and it gives me the option to say if it's being worn on my wrist or the clip.  Probably just standard options in the software.

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

383162CF-EC20-4ACC-A2FB-E3CE8586BE5C.png

Here are the clock faces offered for my Inspire HR. There is one more not pictured. @Snake3133 I believe you were asking about clock faces. 

There are are no options for date, HR, steps, and time in one face. The faces are very minimalistic. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
0 Votes

046384D8-0671-4F32-A43B-8E96B6AB891E.jpeg

My Inspire HR

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Can you tell me if the HR is as thick as the Alta? I have a zip, which no longer connects, an Alta, which i do like because i can wear it on my wrist or waist, and a charge2, which i like all the features just not the thickness. This seems like a great mix of all of them.

Thanks for your help..

Paula

Trouble! 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

Happy announcement day everyone!

As many of you are aware, we have just announced that Inspire and Inspire HR are now available for sale to the public. Big thanks to everyone who purchased this product through your wellness provider during the wellness launch. 

I am closing this thread to further comments as we now have a dedicated space on the Community. If you have any questions I invite you to start a new topic in the Inspire forum and our team will be glad to assist you there. 

For more information on Inspire and Inspire HR, please check out this announcement post!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer