Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wellness Launch Q&A

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I just was on the Fitbit app and clicked “setup a new device” and on this list was a cool Charge 3 looking device called the Fitbit Inspire and one called the Fitbit Inspire HR. I googled and can find nothing about it. There’s a picture of it too. It looks new based on the wristband buckle which appears similar to the Charge 3 (round metal instead of flat). If this is a soon to be released watch it looks awesome. The side profile is like a thin half oval. So what is this? Was it mistakenly listed on the app? Is it in development? Going to be announced soon? Any info?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
158 REPLIES 158
No insurance, I belong to a Wellness program at work.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I got a Fitbit Inspire for 'free' from my healthplan. It has been nothing but a headache. I love it when it's working, but that's only about half the time. It will stop syncing frequently. This happened twice and after an hour of resetting the device, force stopping to app, and restarting the phone I got it to sync. Now it's the third time. The notification says it synced recently, in the last couple hours but the app data is last Wednesday. I have been messing with it for several days an nothing worked. So finally I uninstalled and reinstalled the app completely this morning, reset the device, and repaired the bluetooth and it's back up and working. For now. Is anyone else having this much trouble, and if so what phone do you have? I have a Motorolla Droid Max with Android version 7.1.1. 

Best Answer

I have a Fitbit Inspire HR. I wouldn't recommend it.Here are the following reasons.

• There is no drop-down choice for the Fitbit Inspire HR on the "help menu."
  • There is no dedicated community forum.

These two things tell me that the Inspire HR is not receiving the support that other Fitbit products are.

• I ordered this product on January 17, 2019. My band has broken twice. Once when I tried to put it on and once just today. A helpful guy at a watch store fixed it the first time. I don't think he'll ba be abel to this time; I'm holding it together with tape. His shop isn't convenient, so I'll get over there when I can. But this points to the real problem with the band: Shoddy construction. 

I sought help online tonight and I wish there was a dedicated forum for the Inspire HR. Do other people have problems iwth the bands? Or is this just a bad band that I've got and most people don't have problems? 

In any case, if I had to do it again, I would choose a Fitbit that was supported by the company (that was at least featured on its drop-down menus, for Pete's sake!). You miight want to do the same. 

Best Answer

I watched your YouTube videos on the Inspire. Do you happen to know if the Inspire stores text messages to view later by swiping through the watch face  like the charge 3? Or does the Inspire just vibrate like the Alta and then the message disappears from the watch face without being stored for later? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ad723 Good question. It is like the Alta, the Inspire and Inspire HR do not store text messages to be viewed at a later time, you can only view the messages / alerts the first time they appear.

Best Answer

Looking for help on my Inspire HR.  I have had it 3 days, the HR monitor worked perfect for 36 hours and now nothing the last 2 days.  I think it stopped working after the first time I put it on the charger.  I have reset it in the charger until I get a smiley face, I have tried different positions from my wrist to 2 inches up my forearm.  I have tried wiping it In case something had blotted out the sensor.  I tried my wife’s Fitbit HR (not sure which model) and works fine for reading my Heart rate.  She can’t get a read from my Inspire HR either.  What am I missing?  There’s no setting in the app to disable that I can see.  Really bummed, anyone with advice would be greatly appreciated!!  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've never heard of that problem. I'd suggest contacting the help desk. They'll pass your problem along to someone who can help, though the help desk will not give you a direct contact number. I'm now sending photos to a customer service person who insists I include hand-written notes in photos of my Fitbit. But at least I'm making progress.
Good luck. I hope your problem is solved. I find the heart rate monitor to be one of the best things about the HR.
Sincerely,
Sean
Best Answer

Hi everyone! Great to see that so many of you are enjoying your new Inspires.

@KelseyClubb Thanks for posting such detail in regard to the Inspire feature set. I'm sure many folks have found your posts helpful. Smiley Happy

@SloCyclist Welcome to the Fitbit family! Luckily for you, Inspire is swim-proof up to 50 meters. Though I wouldn't recommend putting it through the wash. Smiley Wink

@ValerieAnne Awesome to see that you are getting better results with the tracker in clip mode. Feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions. 

@punky0829 Sorry to hear about your sync troubles but I'm glad that it's working now. If you continue to run into any sync issues, I recommend performing each of the steps detailed in this article. Keep me posted on how it goes from here. Thanks!

@sean_brodrick Sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing with your band. I see that you have been in contact with our support team, thanks for taking the time to reach out. They will be responding to you via email as soon as they are available, so keep an eye on your inbox! 

@Timnlisa1 Welcome to the community. Thanks for reaching out. I have contacted our support team on your behalf. Keep an eye one your inbox as they will be in touch via email soon!

Note: Though Inspire does not currently have a dedicated forum on the community, we are still happy to provide support for the product as we would with any of our other watches and trackers. The exception being that devices and additional accessories can only be acquired through various wellness providers at this time. As more inquiries start coming in, we may have an Inspire forum opened in the future. So stay tuned. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for responses, I am apparently a total dolt.  No, there is no way to turn off/on the HR monitor in the app but there is in the settings on the device.  I’m not sure how it got turned off but it is on and working.  I’m loving my device again.  Also tip to those worried about battery life, just throw it on the charger while you shower.  No need to bring it with you and it charges pretty quickly.

Best Answer

Getting Tech Support for the Inspire is virtually impossible. Had I known this I would have gone for the Charge 3. Mine bricked on 2/16 but managed to get it restarted. Since then it won't sync on with either PC or iPhone. Got a case ID but they seem baffled by the problem. I'd settle for a replacement at this point but not with a similar product if there is limited or no support.

Buyer beware.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently purchased a FitBit Inspire HR through a health program through my workplace. I hadn't used a FitBit in years, this "corporate special" seemed like a good choice. I have regrets. I should have paid up for a Charge 3.

• The Inspire HR's construction is shoddy. My band broke, more than once.
  • There is no on-line store for the Inspire HR. So, you can't buy a new band. I had to go through FitBit support staff, who required a handwritten note (along with a photo) to deal with the problem. They are sending me a new band, but why should we have to jump through these hoops?
  • There is very little community support. Unlike the Charge or most any other FitBit, there is no depth of community for the Inspire HR.  And that can be tough when you're trying to figure out what all the symbols mean (use Google, because they don't send you a manual) or just trying to find the best ways to use your FitBit. 

Bottom line: I know what I'll be asking for for Father's Day. Buying the Inspire HR was a mistake. I made that mistake. You should avoid it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Currently the inspire is only being offered to health groups and not open to purchasing by the general public, which of why there is no mention in the health store or a support board.

Best Answer

@Timnlisa1 Great to hear that you were able to get your HR working properly. Thanks for posting your tip to keep your Inspire charged up! I may start doing that myself. Robot Happy

@Momsmess Thanks for taking the time to reach out to our support team. I have been in contact with them and they will be back in touch with you via email soon. So keep an eye on your inbox!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a similar problem, also received free from heath plan.  I have used the Flex 2 for the past two years and no problems with that at all.  The Inspire was free and was beginning to enjoy it other than the charge only lasts up to 3 days, when all of a sudden after charging the screen won't come on, don't know what that is all about.  It shows fully charged on my app and when I hold down the side it vibrates, I've tried swiping up and swiping down and just a black screen. So frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@suecano Welcome to the Fitbit Community!

Sorry to hear about your Inspires screen. I would attempt a restart to refresh the tracker's system. You can find detailed instructions on how to do so on page 28 of the manual, here.  

If the issue persists after performing a restart, please let me know!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sean_brodrick I have moved your post here to help keep the Community tidy. I appreciate your candid feedback and I am glad to hear that our support team was able to provide you with a new band. 

As mentioned prior, Fitbit does provide support for Inspire as we would any of our other trackers or watches. The caveat being that Inspire and its accessories are sold through various wellness providers and corporate wellness programs. 

If you continue to run into any additional issues feel free to reach out and we will be happy to continue to assist you. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Matt, You are incorrect regarding support or purchases of accessories from my Wellness provider. I was in touch with them several times and they no nothing about accessories or support. If it wasn't for the fact that I called and pushed your Customer Support Rep, which she was useless and I demanded a Supervisor which she reluctantly provided.  The Supervisor after a long confrontational discussion finally gave in and provided me the opportunity to purchase a band for my Inspire HR. As a piece offering for all the trouble Fitbit put me through he overnighted the band to me at no charge. I'm still upset, as others are on the forum about how Fitbit does not support Inspire, all they do is refer you to your Wellness provider or Insurance company and quess what, they send you back to Fitbit cause they don't support or have accessories in stock.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

You're not alone, Galty.  I get the same screen.  No access to a store.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you turn the HR back on? I have been having the same issue- which is very upsetting because I payed extra out of locator the the HR model. I have contacted support and am waiting to hear back from them again, but would love to figure this out

Best Answer

I plugged the dongle into my computer, turned on the Bluetooth and reset it over and over and over for 5 days. Finally it reset when I was filling out the return form. I swear!

Hold down the side button while it's plugged in, at least 5 seconds. Wait for the Smiley face. Attempt to Pair with your computer or phone. Keep trying! 

My laptop still does not recognize the dongle but as long as the Bluetooth works with both my laptop and iPhone, I can live with it. If the problem reoccurs before my 45 days are up, it's going back. 

Best Answer
0 Votes