Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the blinking Green light on Inspire 2?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

What is the blinking green light for? I can’t bet it to stop blinking and my Fitbit screen keeps lighting up at night. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The Fitbit Inspire 2 supports 24/7 heart rate monitoring which is why the light is always on (personally I think it should turn off if it detects no motion for a certain amount of time but sadly Fitbit haven't quite got around to adding such a function), luckily there is an unofficial way to turn it off: hold the two side buttons down until the quick settings menu shows up (the first option will be the water lock), keep swiping up through the menu until you reach an option that says "on wrist" and then tap on it, you should see a message saying "enable on clip?" with a warning telling you that certain features won't be available, just tap on the tick and the green light will turn off. 

Basically you're lying to the fitbit to make it believe that it's attached to a clip, and as such cannot read your heart rate. Because it believes it cannot read your heart rate it'll just stop trying altogether and turn the light off.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hi there,

I'm new to the fitbit world as I used to have a bella beat leaf (smart jewelry) but I think the green light is the pulse reader for your heart rate. Do you wear your watch at night? If the light is annoying you, maybe make it a little tighter on your wrist. My screen also lights up at night, but there is a sleep mode that can dim your screen.  I hope that's helped 🙂

Best Answer
Hi, I don’t wear it at night. I’ll try and delete the heart rate monitor if I can. Thank you for the advice

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@VickiJB1 A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. I'll be happy to clarify your inquiry. 

As mentioned by @Sarz85 the green LEDs flashing on your Inspire 2 are used to track your heart rate. Keep in mind that even when heart rate tracking is off, the LEDs on your device will continue to flash. Learn more about it by checking this article: How do I track heart rate with my Fitbit device? 

@Sarz85 Thank you for your input. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the clarification

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have developed a red mark on my wrist directly underneath the flashing green light. This is new in the last few days. I have had the Fitbit since January 6. Thoughts?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, how can I turn off the green light completely?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Fitbit Inspire 2 supports 24/7 heart rate monitoring which is why the light is always on (personally I think it should turn off if it detects no motion for a certain amount of time but sadly Fitbit haven't quite got around to adding such a function), luckily there is an unofficial way to turn it off: hold the two side buttons down until the quick settings menu shows up (the first option will be the water lock), keep swiping up through the menu until you reach an option that says "on wrist" and then tap on it, you should see a message saying "enable on clip?" with a warning telling you that certain features won't be available, just tap on the tick and the green light will turn off. 

Basically you're lying to the fitbit to make it believe that it's attached to a clip, and as such cannot read your heart rate. Because it believes it cannot read your heart rate it'll just stop trying altogether and turn the light off.

Best Answer

Thank-you, thank-you!  That strobe light was killing me, especially when I was just changing the band to an elastic band.  I don't care what my heart rate is, just get rid of that awful strobe light.  Yea!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes