Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Inspire 2 doesn’t show all the activity when getting groceries

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why doesn’t my device show all the steps and activities from going to the grocery store? I got a lot of stuff. Walked around for a long time then unloaded and put groceries away but my device doesn’t show any activity during that time?

Moderator edit: clarified subject. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, @Wendyfer , sometimes Fitbits don’t register activity when you are pushing a shopping cart, and it sounds like that may be what you were doing.  The problem is that the handle of the cart is absorbing the energy from the motion of your steps so your Fitbit does not receive the necessary cues to know that you are moving.  I have often resorted to pushing the cart one handed!  An easier solution would be, if you don’t mind missing the heart rate info during your shopping trip, would be to slip your Fitbit in your pocket when you are pushing the cart.  In your pocket it will count steps as you move about the shop.  You could even get a clip for your Fitbit and wear it that way - the Inspire 2 is designed to be worn either on the wrist or on your body, and there is even a setting for that (you don’t absolutely need to change it to ‘on clip’ when you switch to wearing it on the clip - or just tucked into your pocket - but if you do change it to ‘on clip’ it will turn off the heart rate detection lights, so save a bit of battery).

I hope this helps.  Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit community forums @Wendyfer 

Thanks for sharing the inquiry about your Inspire 2.

Thanks @Julia_G for this useful information provided.

I suggest you check this article regarding the accuracy of Fitbit devices. Also, to set the clip mode you can follow these steps:

Press and hold the buttons to access certain settings. Tap a setting to turn it on or off. When you turn off the setting, the icon appears dim with a line through it.

When Inspire 2 is on your wrist, make sure your tracker is set to On Wrist. When Inspire 2 is in the accessory clip, make sure it's set to On Clip. To switch between On Wrist and On Clip mode, tap the setting > tap  to confirm.

As Julia G mentioned, when Inspire 2 is set to On Clip, certain features are turned off, including heart-rate tracking, automatic exercise tracking, and Active Zone Minutes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes