Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

heart rate monitor is completely wrong

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I purchased my Inspire 2 (my first FitBit product) in Nov 2021. Originally, the heart rate monitor was very accurate (checked against a stationary bike from ~110 - 160 BPM). Now in Jan 2022 it is wildly inaccurate. I can place my hand over my heart between sets and feel that my heart rate is far different from what the Inspire 2 is showing. I also took the Inspire 2 off my wrist and set it on a table, and it continued to measure a heart rate for several minutes! What is going on?!

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hi, welcome to the Community forums, @Green15

Thank you for sharing this information about the inconvenience you've been experiencing with your Inspire 2. 

Before considering other options, I recommend that you try restarting the device, as this has been useful for other users experiencing something similar. Let me know if you continue to see the device is tracking heart rate while you're not wearing it. 

In addition, please follow the instructions in this article to improve the accuracy of heart rate information and check the information mentioned here about other factors that could affect your heart rate reading.

Hope this helps, I'll be around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have restarted multiple times.  My heart rate monitor seems very unreliable.  For example, this morning while house cleaning, my Zone Minutes logged 2 minutes in cardio zone, meaning higher than 120pbm.  At exactly the same time the main heart rate tracker logged me at 98bpm.  If the two parts of Fitbit can't even agree how am I supposed to rely on it for anything?

Best Answer

Same problem, none of the suggested fixes work. Band is tight and placed correctly, I've used two other sources to check my heart rate at the same time - mid exercise, my heart rate on fitbit will just start dropping steadily toward my resting rate, then, if I fiddle with it, reset it or just wait a while without moving, it will start coming back up. This is happening so often that I can't get active minutes because as soon as my heart rate gets in target it suddenly will stop reading correctly and tell me my heart rate is 90 while I'm sweating, puffing, and pedaling for my life. Heart rate readings will fluctuate wildly during a steady exercise (moving the same pace or cycling at the same rpm) going from 79 to 170 within a minute or two. Resetting doesn't fix this, at the best it gives me a few minutes of tracking back. EXTREMELY frustrating and discouraging. I feel scammed - my $17 knockoff works better and more reliably. 

Step counter on this thing has never been accurate either, I rely on a separate device for that - but I'm having to track my steps on another device and heart on yet another then what's the point of the fitbit? 

Best Answer
Yes, exactly! Might be time to look into other options. I've developed some minor health issues and need more accuracy on my rate and patterns. Thanks for the response!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @Bfm129. Welcome to the Community Forums. Nice to see you around, @iesika.Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Inspire 2. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

If you haven't done so, I'd recommend taking a look at these two help articles How do I track my heart rate with my Fitbit device? and What factors can affect my heart-rate reading on my Fitbit device?

If you've already tried so, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

We hope your issue is solved soon.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I restarted the device and went on a 17 mile bike ride today which took over 80 minutes. I wore the watch more snugly on my wrist at the recommended position, and it didn't slide at all during the ride (I made sure to keep my arms pretty still, perhaps more so than on a stationary bike). About halfway through I checked the watch and it wasn't measuring a heart rate. On my app it shows prolonged periods of time where my heart rate was below 100 bpm, and sometimes as low as 75 bpm, which I just cannot believe (It also only registers 2 miles of travel, which is a whole other issue. I have never gotten an accurate distance measurement with the Fitbit.). I suspect the watch was just guessing my heart rate. I don't understand why I paid money for this.

Best Answer

I'm having the same problems with my inspire 2 fitbit. I've had the fitbit for about 10 days and it seemed to work fine for the first few days. Now it is showing completely incorrect heart rates when I compare readings with a blood pressure cuff. I've restarted the device many times and there has been no change. Can I return the device or get a refund?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello....
After just 10 days it seems like you should be able to return it. I guess it depends on where you got it. Good luck.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer
0 Votes