Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no zone minutes

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Inspire 2 is no longer giving me any "zone minutes" on the app although I am exercising and can see active minutes on my dashboard online. Is this happening to anyone else?  I went from one day having 160 zone minutes to literally zero the next day.  This has been going on for about 4 days now.

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

The fitbit.com dashboard and the phone app show different type "minutes".  From your profile, I see you have been a Fitbit user for several years.  If you read the fitbit.com dashboard label carefully, you will note it is "active minutes" which all of Fitbit previously used several years ago.  But your phone app shows the more recent "(Active) Zone Minutes".  The on-line dashboard never got updated with that change so they are showing different stats.  It can be a source of confusion, but on the other hand, it does allow people who complained about the switch to Active Minutes to still see the older Zone Minutes.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Laurab726   Is your Inspire 2 recording your heart rate?  The side buttons and touch screen are very sensitive.  It is surprisingly easy to put an Inspire 2 into On Clip mode without realizing it.  Please check your On Wrist/On Clip setting.  Also, when you are in On Wrist mode, there is a Heart Rate on/off in the Settings app.  But it's hard to turn that off by accident.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply but I do understand the difference.  My issue is that until 4 days ago, I averaged about 160 zone minutes every day.  For instance, before this quit working, which was on Sunday, I had received zone minutes each day- they were 161, 211,157,155,165, and the list goes on.  I literally went from having zone minutes every day to 0. And I mean none.  I am not doing anything differently, so something had to have happened either with the app, the inspire 2 itself, or with the way this is now being calculated.  I simply added in the dashboard information in hopes it would show the reader that I was still exercising.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your response.  I have only ever had my fitbit on clip mode.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So you have been getting zone minutes with no heart rate measurements. You are not getting any heart rate measurements at all on the app, correct?  And no resting heart rate?  If you tap the Zone Minutes circle on the phone app, does it even show you heart rate limits of the different zones?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For the last day that I actually received zone minutes on my app, I do have the heart rate zones as well as both the yellow and orange around the circle with the zone minutes of each one listed below; the 161 zone minutes shows 57 in the yellow and 104 in the orange.  Then on the very next day, when it quit tracking the zone minutes, I still see the zone minutes circle with nothing in it and it says 0 zone minutes for both the yellow and orange.  I do not see a resting heart rate anywhere.

Best Answer
0 Votes

But back when you were getting zone minutes, you do not see any heart rate readings on phone app anywhere, no heart rate chart on workout summary?  I'm just curious how Fitbit estimates Zone minutes, if not based on heart rate.  And if you were in clip mode, you should not have been getting any heart rate readings.  I know for Active Minutes, Fitbit had a way of estimating activity intensity based on step rate because they were using that before they had any heart rate monitoring, but I wasn't aware of any such new method used for zone minutes with the new formula for the heart rate zones.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If I tap on the zone minutes (when I actually had them) and then swipe to the next screen, I can see a graph that shows my heart rate going up and down.  But now just as the zone minutes shows nothing, neither does the heart rate.  But I've never worn this on my wrist- It's only ever been in a clip.  So., I'm not sure how it is measuring this- perhaps by the steps per minute?  And I still can't figure out why it just stopped working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

All I can imagine is that you were getting awarded zone minutes based on whatever it was reading as your heart rate, wherever that was coming from.  One possibility could be that the setting was actually in wrist mode though you were wearing in clip, and it was just reading bogus readings; then it somehow got set to clip mode and the bogus heart rate readings stopped.

You could sort of test that theory by going to Quick Settings and putting it in wrist mode (or whatever the opposite on clip mode is called), but still wear on clip, and see if it goes back to like it was.  If so, i would guess those readings are random, and the older "active minutes" on the web are legit.  Either case, the step count should still be good.

That's just my best guess.  Otherwise I'm stymied.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I checked all of my settings and all said that I was on wrist mode (on the app and on the fitbit itself).  I then changed the settings on my actual fitbit to clip mode and that didn't seem to change anything.  I then reset it back to wrist mode and now the zone minutes are showing up!  So, I'm not sure what happened by switching it back and forth when it was already in wrist mode but I'll take it!  Yeah!  Thanks for your suggestion!

Best Answer
0 Votes

But I am guessing when you have it in wrist mode on a clip, it is reading bogus heart rate data and your zone minutes might not really make any sense.  I suggest you watch when you get credit for them if that really corresponds to when you exercising.  In any case, keep up the good work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The weird thing is that I only get the zone minutes when I'm actually exercising and my heart rate seems pretty elevated.  So, the zone minutes do seem to correspond to my exercise.  But I'll keep an eye on it!  Thanks so much-

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's good.  I don't understand it, but that doesn't matter, and if they seem to correspond, all seems right with the world.

Best Answer
0 Votes