Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active minutes disappearing!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Earlier today I did a home work out after which my watch showed 13 active minutes. 

Later on I noticed my watch then said zero active minutes. 

I have just been for a walk and on my return the watch said 35 active minutes. 

I've just tried to sync and both app and watch again say zero. 

It's not a massive deal but I do like to keep track of days I've done half an hours worth, and that's 45+ minutes not recorded.

(My hours of 250 steps have not synced to the app either, and my calories burned are unusually low for the step count. Maybe there are general issues with Fitbit today?)

Best Answer
42 REPLIES 42

I've also had this happen to me 3 times this week with various activities.  Heart rate had zero gaps and was 50-60 beats above resting heart rate.  I had 61 minutes, then when the sync completed it dropped 61 to 0.  I'm taking advantage of the 90 days of free trial of Fitbit Premium, the bingo challenge is pointless when you keep losing your data.  I suspect that having multiple applications that sync to my health app might be causing this?   However, that's just theory, and I'm not willing to turn off the things I've been using and happy with to make Fitbit sync properly.  For now, I guess I'm just going to accept that they don't know why this is happening.  

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue.  Tried all of the suggestions but hasn’t fixed the issue.  I’m becoming frustrated with Fitbit as of late. Seems to be more and more issues with little solutions. I have had fitbits for a long time and always loved the support but have been thinking I may need to find another brand. For the prices of the watches they should work properly. 

Best Answer

I have had the same, twice this week. I have just been for a long walk, it said 89 active minutes then refreshed to 0...anyone found anything that works? 

Best Answer

This is happening to me as well. I noticed it last week and it has continued. This is very very frustrating. Has fitbit responded to anyone with a solution? I turned off my Versa2 and I reset it...nothing has worked.

Best Answer

Same here, I walked up a steep hill and my watch said I had 32 active minutes but now it says 0 and the app says 0 as well. No gaps in HR data either.

Today the app and the watch both said I had 30 minutes of activity but an hour later it was back to 0. Why does this keep happening? It does not happen when I ride a bicycle, but my HR is higher then.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anyone found a solution to this? It started happening to me this week and Fitbit support hasn’t been any help yet. I have restarted, deleted, and every combination of this available. 

Best Answer

No solution and no response, so I bought a new watch by another well known brand! 

Best Answer

Thanks Jodie, that might have to be my solution as well!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Shame, as I loved my versa, but it's frustrating when you put the effort in and see it disappearing in front of you! 

Best Answer
I’ve received no solution to this problem either which has frustrated the hell out of me! Thinking of changing my Fitbit to a different type of fitness tracker ...

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
It sure is frustrating!! Can I ask what watch you have gone to?? Looking for recommendations 😊

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I went for the garmin vivoactive 3, so far so good. 😊

Best Answer
Fab! This was one I’ve been looking at! Thank you 😊

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sounds like I need to look into this one too. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had Fitbit suggest several solutions, such as reset, force shut down, turn off auto-recognise, disconnect Strava. None of which worked. It has been suggested that I don’t understand active minutes and that I’m not working hard enough. Even though, as I’ve explained several times that I am achieving the active minutes, but they’re disappearing within an hour or so. I have sent them screenshots to explain. This has been ongoing for the past few weeks and I’m so over trying to get sense from them - I’ve had to contact about 11 times. Previous to this, I have had no trouble with it, it’s just this last month or so. It’s a Versa 2. 

Best Answer

Mine was on the versa, likewise I had had mine for a long time and it had worked fine until a few months back.

Frustrating! It's clearly not a one off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

We must have had the same person email us because they suggested I didn’t know how active minutes worked either and that I must not being working hard. I kind of? politely explained that I have had Fitbit products for years and was fully aware of how the minutes work. They are literally disappearing from my app. 

I emailed them again last night expressing my disappointment with Fitbit and this issue. My problems started on August 20th. I checked my app history on my phone and my app updated right around then. 

I fully believe that this is a firmware issue with Fitbit. As soon as, well, I guess if, I receive an informative response from Fitbit I’ll post it here. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes this also keeps happening to me. 5 times in almost 2 weeks. 

I am very angry and I have tried to get help from fitbit which has gotten me nowhere. 

Ariana

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope they have not gotten back to me and this keeps happening to my fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem with. My blaze 

Best Answer
0 Votes