Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actually got a Versa Lite to come back on...

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We've had TWO Versas stop working in the last week and a half.  Mine (Versa) and my son's (Versa Lite.)  Both simply stopped syncing and then black screen.  No green light, no screen light, no vibration when put on the charger.  We knew the charger was good because it charged the other 2 Versas in our house.

After trying every conceivable combination to get it to come back on over a period of a few days, I threw them in a drawer and walked away.  Last night I noticed mine lit up, said 0% when I hit a button.  Huh.  Obviously not totally dead?  I couldn't get it to do any more than that, so I started with my son's Lite.  I used washi tape to hold his button down, then left it on the charger all night.  Came in this morning and the thing is booted up, connected to the phone, working fine.  Interesting.  

I'm trying the same thing on my Versa right now, I've used washi tape to tape down the buttons, and it's in the charging cradle.  Hopefully this works.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Interesting!  Mine started acting bizarrely last night, rebooting every few seconds by itself.  I read on the forums that I should unpair it, do a factory reset, and re-pair it.  Well, in the middle of the factory reset, it rebooted and now all I have is a red X and a message that says Data not cleared, sync and try again.  Well, I think I managed to get it re-paired with my phone, but it will not sync or go past an update...the update keeps going to 12% and failing.  I’m really hoping this is all due to the internet/Fitbit server being messed up with so many people trying to work and do school from home.  I might try your idea and see if it works,  I’m about ready to throw mine in a drawer myself.

Best Answer
0 Votes