Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a notification on Fitbit Versa 3 when phone is out of range

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I want to use my versa 3 to make sure I haven't left my phone somewhere. So I use watchfaces with bluetooth icons. But they don't update fast enough or they show disconnected when it is connected or vice versa. My old Pebble just vibrated and changed status as soon as the Bluetooth connection dropped. Why doesn't the versa 3 do that?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @clairebre! We understand how important is to you to get a notification on your Fitbit Versa 3 when you have gone out of your phone's Bluetooth range.

We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. I'd suggest adding your comment and vote to this feature: Notification on Fitbit device when phone is out of range. This suggestion is labeled as "Not currently not planned", but it's still open for votes and comments. With that being said, of this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Thank you so much for your feedback and for participating in our community!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

Hi @clairebre! We understand how important is to you to get a notification on your Fitbit Versa 3 when you have gone out of your phone's Bluetooth range.

We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. I'd suggest adding your comment and vote to this feature: Notification on Fitbit device when phone is out of range. This suggestion is labeled as "Not currently not planned", but it's still open for votes and comments. With that being said, of this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Thank you so much for your feedback and for participating in our community!

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

This is a really important feature and with 500 people who can be bothered to register their support on the app, the real numbers must be in the thousands. Why won't Fitbit act on it for the Versa 3 which is one of their premium products?

Best Answer

@clairebre I understand how important is to you to have this option on your Versa 3. We‘re taking into consideration your comments and sentiments with regards to our products and services.

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Have a nice day! 

Best Answer

So after nearly a year of promising to consider this request, has Fitbit implemented it?? 

Best Answer

Hi there, @IkarusC42. Welcome on board. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Thanks for your understanding, have a good day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for raising. This is the most important feature for lots of people. Pebble did it really well so it's not as if it's a new thing with insurmountable technical challenges.

Best Answer
Still nothing ?

I left my phone home three times. I'm selling my watch now. It caused more annoyance than joy.

Best Answer

My versa 3 as a phone icon with a line through it when out of range from the phone.

Best Answer

Hello @Kisskati and welcome to the Community.  Fitbit added status indicators to the Versa 3 and Sense.  Like @SunsetRunner wrote, one of them is an indicator that your phone is out of range.  The others indicate that you are in sleep mode. DND mode, or that your battery is critically low.  They appear at the top of the clock face when you wake your screen and "float" up in three seconds.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
You're nice, but that's not enough for me. I had a much cheaper watch. It vibrated when it disconnected.
Best Answer
Thanks for your response. Think about it, it's not lifelike. 
If I don't forget to see if my phone is connected? Then I can see on my phone that I have it.

Best Answer

First thing I do when I leave the house is check the time, have many times seen the rather large disconnected logo on the screen and gone back into the house to grab my phone.  It’s more than enough for me,  throughout the day I often ignore the vibrations as texts or emails come in, so the visual icon is enough for me

Best Answer
0 Votes

which watch face are you using on Versa 3?

Best Answer
0 Votes

which watch face(s) are you using please?

Best Answer
So you don't know of any app that would trigger vibration when disconnected?

Best Answer

Kisskati_0-1652185702611.png

What I got. Can you recommend a better one?😊 Which wibrates ?

Best Answer

Indeed! This feature was something I relied upon on my earlier, cheaper watches. It seems so basic...and has kept me from forgetting/losing my phone on numerous occasions. I assumed it would be basic on Fitbit as well. It's saved my $1200 phone! Since the Fitbit relies on a Bluetooth connection for continuous data, it seems quite reasonable to alert the owner if that connection is lost. BASIC! Right? This Fitbit Versa 3 is my first Fitbit product and it will be my last. I will be returning it for a refund and moving on to a better engineered brand (even the far cheaper brands have this feature).....unless someone can offer a real solution very soon. I have tried a  different watchface that supposedly offered this but so far haven't been able to make it work. I've spent hours on trying to find a solution now.....it's just not worth it!

Best Answer

Unfortunately, that's not enough (and mine doesn't do that....where is that?). To be of any use, the watch must vigorously vibrate as soon as the connection is lost to make you aware that you are walking away from your phone. Who is watching their watch as they walk away? By the time you get home and look at your watch it's too late.

Best Answer

Hi @Kisskati , @dmd3home - status indicators on the watch face for phone not connected (which may be disabled in watch Settings) is standard in the most recent firmware and would seem the only solution.

As regards vigorous vibration that seems unlikely because even set in strong it's incredibly feeble, and decreases as the battery level falls.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes