Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After update of Versa 2, my iPhone 6 can’t find it

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Last night my Versa 2 watch said i needed an update, which I did.  After the update, I have two problems:

1) My iPhone 6 would not sync with my watch.  The phone told me to remove the watch from my device list and then added it back when prompted.  Now the phone can’t find the watch to connect with.  I have rebooted the watch, turned the phone on and off, turned Bluetooth on and off, nothing works.  The watch connects easily with the Fitbit app on my iPad (7th generation).  I really didn’t want an update, everything worked well without it.  Now I presume I will have to buy a new phone?

2) I swim in a 15 metre pool.  I swam this morning and discovered that my Versa 2 has my pool setting as 25 metres, according to the Fitbit app on my iPad.  I know I swam 1500 metres, not 2500 metres.   Presumably the “update” deleted my previous settings, and reverted to some standard setting of 25 metres.  How do I change it back?  I can’t remember how I set it at 15 metres in the first place.

i would be grateful for any help with these two problems?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@elmsley   The information given by @Odyssey13 is incorrect.  The minimum operating system for iOS is 13, not 12.  The iPhone 6 doesn't support iOS 13.  You can continue to sync with your iPad.  Yes, you need in new phone in order to get notifications, etc.

I wear a Versa 3, not a Versa 2.  The pool length settings look like they are on the Versa 2 itself -- Versa 2 manual.  After you choose Swim on the Versa 2, tap the gear icon and you should find the pool length settings.  The default length is 25m on the Versa 3.  I think it went back to the default with the update, too.

Laurie | Maryland
Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @elmsley the minimum system for iOS is 12. If your phone is at least that, then it should set up. Which system you running?

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

@elmsley   The information given by @Odyssey13 is incorrect.  The minimum operating system for iOS is 13, not 12.  The iPhone 6 doesn't support iOS 13.  You can continue to sync with your iPad.  Yes, you need in new phone in order to get notifications, etc.

I wear a Versa 3, not a Versa 2.  The pool length settings look like they are on the Versa 2 itself -- Versa 2 manual.  After you choose Swim on the Versa 2, tap the gear icon and you should find the pool length settings.  The default length is 25m on the Versa 3.  I think it went back to the default with the update, too.

Laurie | Maryland
Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
Hi Odyssey13. My phone is running 12.5.5

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry @elmsley but @LZeeW is correct and I was wrong. You'd need iOS 13 to make it work properly. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

@elmsley you mentioned that your fitbit connects to the iPad. Make sure you have disconnected the tracker from the iPad before trying the phone. 

To disconnect turn off the Bluetooth or the iPad itself. Or if it is on, make sure you are at least 100 feet away from the iPad 

Best Answer
0 Votes