Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa app on my Versa 2 keeps showing "Set Up Alexa" error

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Alexa keeps telling me to complete the Alexa setup in the app, but it’s already been set up for the last five months. This started like a week ago. If I log out of Alexa on the app and log back in, it’ll work for a few hours. Then it’ll prompt me to finish setup again. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
28 REPLIES 28

Hi there @KaityMichelle, welcome to the Community Forums. 

Please follow the troubleshooting steps provided here: What should I do if my voice assistant doesn't work on my Fitbit smartwatch? 

Let me know how it goes.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of these are related to my issue. I already set up Alexa months ago and I’ve tried syncing my watch with my phone and logging out and back in on Amazon but it won’t work. The issue is I already have it set up and logged into my Amazon account so I don’t know why it’s telling me to set up on the watch when in the app it says it’s set up? 

image.jpg

Best Answer

Hey @KaityMichelleI appreciate you had followed the tips and recommendations provided above and for the photo attached in your post.

Since this sounds a bit more serious, I've created a support case on your behalf - you should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. Note that we may take a bit long to get back to you since due to recent events affecting our operations, support options are limited and wait times are longer than usual. 

We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a solution for this? I have the identical issue. I have been prompted to set up Alexa once a day for the last 4 days, when it is logged in, and I have done the steps above.

Best Answer

Mine just eventually stopped doing it. 🤷🏻‍:female_sign: I didn’t do anything special. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @Shaddow3I appreciate you had followed the tips and recommendations provided above.

At this moment, I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected. We hope your issue is solved soon. 

@KaityMichelle I'm glad to hear you're back on track. I would like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Happy stepping!

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue. Started this morning. I see that yours corrected itself on its own, but is there a way to correct the problem?

Best Answer

Hi there, @cwhissell. Welcome to the Community Forums. 

If you haven't done so yet, please try the following:

1. Hold the back button for 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. If you still have issues with your device, turn it off and turn it back on. For more information, see How do I turn off my Fitbit device?

Then do the following:

1. From the Today tab  in the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > your device image.
  2. Tap Voice Assistant > Amazon Alexa > Sign in with Amazon.
  3. Tap Get Started.
  4. Create or log in to your Amazon account.
  5. After completing all the steps, tap Close to return to the Voice Assistant tile.

For more troubleshooting steps, see What should I do if my voice assistant doesn't work on my Fitbit smartwatch? 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
My Versa appears to be working again. I let the battery die, and once it was fully charged the “set up Alexa” message had disappeared.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

@cwhissell Awesome! I'm glad to hear you manage to solve this issue. Thanks for sharing the steps that worked for you. 

I would like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Have a nice day. 

Best Answer

I have had the same issue.  After Alexa working fine for almost 2 years on my Versa 2, about a week ago it suddenly stopped.  I keep getting logged out of Alexa and have to go into the fitbit app and log back in to Alexa (like an account set-up).  I have done everything you have mentioned above and it is still happening.  I have an Samsung Galaxy S10e.

Best Answer

@TWKELP Thanks for stopping by in the Community Forums and already trying to troubleshoot the issue before posting here.

At this moment, I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.  I have a Galaxy S20.  It's been working fine for years and all of a sudden it keeps asking me everyday to set up Alexa.  I'm wondering if it has something to do with the MFA on my Amazon account.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem since switching to my new S20+ 5g . Hopefully there's an easy solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @StacyDOW @Turbo106. Thank you for providing additional information about what you're experiencing. 

Your reports have been shared with our team and they will further investigate into this inconvenience. As soon as we have more information, I'll make sure to keep you guys posted.

Have a good weekend. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a serious problem with a multitude of users. Mine and my girlfriends has been doing this for a couple of months now. This is something that needs to be fixed. It does this daily. For something that costs a couple hundred dollars we are now thinking we need to go elsewhere.  

Best Answer

Agree 100%.  Everyday having to reset up alexa app is ridiculous.

Best Answer
Agreed, it's ridiculous!
Seems to be an android bug?
Best Answer

Mine just started doing this after the latest update. Very annoying. 

Best Answer