Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa app on my Versa 2 keeps showing "Set Up Alexa" error

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Alexa keeps telling me to complete the Alexa setup in the app, but it’s already been set up for the last five months. This started like a week ago. If I log out of Alexa on the app and log back in, it’ll work for a few hours. Then it’ll prompt me to finish setup again. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
28 REPLIES 28

Same problem here for at least the last month.  Is this an app permissions issue where the integration cannot be stored maybe?  I have to relink Alexa literally every day. 

Best Answer

Same here! It's about two weeks I have problems with Alexa on my Versa 2. Don't know if it's related to Fitbit or to Amazon. Hope it will be fixed soon, I really appreciate Alexa on it and I always used for two years now

Best Answer

So I found a fix for my device!  The problem was actually with the Alexa app not having storage permissions.  My Samsung Galaxy S21 is set to remove permissions from apps not used often.  This led to the phone removing storage permissions for the Alexa app.  Apparently to integrate the Fitbit with Alexa, the Alexa app on the phone needed to be able to store something to recognize that integration.  For me the fix was to go to my phone's settings (not in any app) and to allow the Alexa app full permissions.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good to know.  Mine just started working again all of a sudden.StacySent from my Galaxy
Best Answer

I am getting this error message too, and don’t have Alexa. Also stopped syncing with phone which says can’t connect to wifi on app but connected  for all other apps. Can’t use watch at all now, please help!!!

Best Answer

Same issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

I fixed mine by holding the back button until the 'complete Alexa set up' message came up KEEP HOLDING THE BACK BUTTON the Alexa message disappeared and the Fitbit turned off. I released the back button and pressed it again and the versa restarted and is now working fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the exact same problem. 

---------------

I’m having the exact same problem. What did you do to fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem. I don’t have Alexa and it keeps saying to sync it. Plus won’t sync. 

Best Answer