Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa is not working on my Versa 3

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am trying to get Alexa working on my Versa 3 but no luck. I have done the following:

• Connected to my Amazon account
  • Enabled fitbit skills in the alex app
  • enabled Fitbit and Alexa apps to run in the background 
  • updated the app to the latest version
  • updated my Fitbit to the latest version

I keep getting the error message “Connection Lost: sync device in Fitbit app. Let app run in the background to use Alexa”. I have done that, but still can’t get it to work.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Lucy8735 , thank  you for your reply !  To try to setup Alexa again, try the following: 

• From the Today tab in the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > your device image.
    Tap Voice Assistant>Amazon Alexa>Logout> Log Out

Then try to set it up again.

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Lucy8735  A warm welcome to the Community ! Thank you for your message and efforts. 

For the error message that you receive the following must be done: 

• Keep your phone within 30 feet of your watch.
  • Open the Fitbit app on your phone and sync your watch. The Fitbit app must remain running in the background on your phone for your voice assistant to work.
  • If you use Google Assistant and have an iPhone, the Google Assistant app must remain running in the background on your phone as well.

More info and further tips can be found here: OpenWhat should I do if my voice assistant doesn’t work on my Fitbit smartwatch?

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @JuanFitbit - thank you for replying so quickly! I have done all these steps but still get the “connection lost” message even with my phone right next to my FitBit and background app refresh enabled. Is there a way to reset so I can try to reinstall?

Thanks, Lucy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lucy8735 , thank  you for your reply !  To try to setup Alexa again, try the following: 

• From the Today tab in the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > your device image.
    Tap Voice Assistant>Amazon Alexa>Logout> Log Out

Then try to set it up again.

Best Answer
0 Votes