Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa starting a panic alarm

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This one has got to be a weird one, but i was messing with my Versa 3’s Alexa and told it to “Open Alarm App,” “Open Alarm,” “Alarm,” etc. Instead of opening the alarm app (like Siri might do), my Alexa started blaring an alarm that sounded somewhere between a panic alarm and a Police Siren. Can anyone confirm this and explain why/how? It’s just very confusing and i’m a little thrown off by this, not saying it’s bad but wondering if this is a glitch or intentional.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

If you said it in that order it looks like you told Alexa to sound an alarm.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Thanks for the input. 

Hi there @Normondy53. Thanks for sharing the details about the difficulties that you are having with the alarms on your Versa 3. It's pretty weird that your Versa 3 is not responding in the correct way to set up the alarms. 

To better assist you with this, could please let me know if this is the first time that is happening, also if you had Alexa app open on your phone when you were setting up the alarms using your Versa 3. 

In the meantime, I recommend you to review the Fitbit skills for Alexa to make sure that the functionalities are properly set, you can find more information in this article.

Keep me posted.

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer

Would be wonderful to have a panic App. Friend of mine was assaulted & had an epileptic fit as a result. All recorded by an Apple Watch. Recordings being used in court to nail her abuser.

Best Answer
0 Votes