Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa won't stay connected to my Versa 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my fitbit must be automatically logging me out of my Alexa because I'm constantly going on my app logging back in!?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for the troubleshooting performed. Your feedback and comments are appreciated, we're always striving to provide a good service. Please verify to have installed the latest Fitbit app version (3.42.1 or above), this should resolve the issue. 

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
76 REPLIES 76

Hello,

My Sense is dropping Alexa as the voice assistant.  I have had to re-enable her twice in 2 days.  I have done a hard restart on the Sense and forced the app to close more times than I can count just to reconnect to see my stats.  I am very unhappy as I use the alarms and reminders and I count on them to work.  I spent all of this money on a watch because I needed something that was dependable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here with my Versa 3.  Just recently it has been dropping the alexa connection, I reconnect and next thing I know it is disconnected again.  Why is this happening now? Never had an issue before (have had the watch for months).

Best Answer

Same here. It worked several months without any issues and now every day I have to log-in another time to Alexa because it kills the existing login. This is really frustrating and I don't know why or how to fix it. All the other notifications work fine, watch and app are up-to-date. Running on Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since my latest fitbit update in May 2021, I have to set up my Alexa daily. Fitbit keeps logging me out. I've tried everything I can think of. I read where this was a problem in 2019 but didn't find any real solutions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also running android. I am extremely unhappy. I paid a lot of money for this and I need something that I can count on. If the alarms don't go off then I don't get up for work on time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I now followed another user's suggestion to reboot the device, until now it's working, but it's less than 24h

The support wrote me:

Please still try the following steps:
- In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab > Your profile picture > Your device picture.
- Tap Voice Assistant > Amazon Alexa > Sign out.
- Sync your Versa 3 with the Fitbit app.
- Make sure the Fitbit app is updated and force quit the Fitbit app.
- Restart your phone and also restart your Versa 3:https://help.fitbit.com/articles/de/Help_article/1186.htm.
- Open the Fitbit app and set up Alexa again.
We hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Vivcu2 Welcome back to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the troubleshooting performed prior to posting. 

I appreciate the research done and the details shared. I'd like you to confirm that this procedure was performed: 

- Log out from the Fitbit app

- Clear the app cache 

- Restart your phone 

- Log back in, Set up Alexa and monitor its functionality 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, in this last weeks my versa 2 automatically disabled Alexa forcing me to do the first start on the app. After I press "get started" appear an Amazon error page an then, on the versa 2, Alexa turn on to work normally. After some day, Alexa is again off...

Someone can help me?

Best Answer

Hi @SilviaFitbit,

it seems to be a general issue with Alexa on Android App version 3.41.2. I used Alexa since shipment of my Sense back in September 2020 without any issues.

Since this app update I always have to sign-in to Alexa again after restarting my phone and trying to use Alexa at my wrist.

Wenn dir mein Beitrag geholfen hat, freue ich mich über ein Kudos (Daumen hoch Symbol)!
Best Answer

Yes, I followed your advice as of last night. So far, this morning it seems to be working as it should. Thank you!

Best Answer

Hi @Vivcu2, have you already restarted your mobile? This is the moment where my Sense loses the connection.

Wenn dir mein Beitrag geholfen hat, freue ich mich über ein Kudos (Daumen hoch Symbol)!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @Drake92. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 2 before reaching out.

Please note that Amazon Alexa is only available in certain languages and countries at this time. For more information, see fitbit.com/voice

Before anything else, please make sure of the following factors which are required to install and use Amazon Alexa:

• Your watch and the Fitbit app are updated. 
  • The Fitbit app has been allowed to run in the background.
  • Your phone is within 30 feet of your watch.
  • Your phone has an internet connection, either through WiFi or a cellular data signal.

If those conditions are met, I'd recommend to log out from the Fitbit app, force quit the Fitbit app, reboot your phone and restart your watch. Then, open the Fitbit app, pull down on the screen to force a manual sync and try activating Amazon Alexa one more time.

Note that you can have only 1 active voice assistant at a time (Alexa or Google Assistant). To switch to a different voice assistant, first disconnect your active voice assistant. For more information, see How do I disconnect my voice assistant?

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I have versa 2. I have used it twice this morning. So far so good!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Marre, This issue is affecting me too since so many days. I raised the issue over social media and a case has been generated by the support team. I had even factory resetted my device but to no avail! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Swatii_i Thanks for stopping by in the Community Forums and reporting this issue. Your time and efforts while troubleshooting this inconvenience are truly appreciated. 

Since our Social Media team has already created a support case on your behalf to get in touch with our Support Team, please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this Fitbit account. Someone will be in contact with you soon. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Angelcowboy92 It's nice to see you around the Community Forums. 

Before anything else, please make sure of the following factors which are required to install and use Amazon Alexa:

• Your watch and the Fitbit app are updated. 
  • The Fitbit app has been allowed to run in the background.
  • Your phone is within 30 feet of your watch.
  • Your phone has an internet connection, either through WiFi or a cellular data signal.

If those conditions are met, I'd recommend to log out from the Fitbit app, force quit the Fitbit app, reboot your phone and restart your watch. Then, open the Fitbit app, pull down on the screen to force a manual sync and try activating Amazon Alexa one more time.

Note that you can have only 1 active voice assistant at a time (Alexa or Google Assistant). To switch to a different voice assistant, first disconnect your active voice assistant. For more information, see How do I disconnect my voice assistant?

Hope that helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't use wifi i have unlimited data, and my watch is always connected I
have the app running 24/7
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Angelcowboy92 Thanks for sharing those details. 

At this moment, I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sancho90 Hi there. Thank you for the details shared. 

I'd like you to confirm that this procedure was performed, as mentioned by @Vivcu2 this worked for her. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes