Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa won't stay connected to my Versa 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my fitbit must be automatically logging me out of my Alexa because I'm constantly going on my app logging back in!?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
76 REPLIES 76
i think we are saying the same thing.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe we are all referencing the Fitbit Apo and device not staying synced to Alexa. It is not related to the Amazon Alexa App.

Best Answer
Agreed. Customer support told me to try a factory reset on my versa 3.
Best Answer
0 Votes

But where?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks-i was trying to find it on their site. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the steps proposed by @SilviaFitbit several days ago. It worked until today. Now I need to re-login again. Very annoying.

Seems that this is a bug of the current app version 3.41.1 as the issue appeared exactly with the update to this app version.

In the German Fitbit community an user reported that the issue could be solved with a downgrade to an older app version. I would rather prefer for a bug fix by Fitbit. Any timeline for that?

Wenn dir mein Beitrag geholfen hat, freue ich mich über ein Kudos (Daumen hoch Symbol)!
Best Answer

@notsit wrote:
Agreed. Customer support told me to try a factory reset on my versa 3.

Ok, can you report here whether a factory reset is successful?

Best Answer
0 Votes
And it doesn't stay connected for any useful amount of time anymore. Alexa
is now virtually useless on Fitbit
Best Answer

So I talked to a customer service rep that had me change a few settings and he told me that he was sending an update for my watch and to check the app for it.  3 hours later and no update.

I'll update about the connection to Alexa in the next few days as she's still connected.

Best Answer
Yes, if I actually do the factory reset, I will report back here. I am not
too hopeful it is going to work though. The customer service rep said
something like "get back in touch if it doesn't fix it", so they don't
know...
Best Answer
0 Votes

@teddyc29@Vivcu2@sancho90 Thank you for getting back and providing additional information about what you're experiencing. 

Your reports have been shared with my team and they will further investigate it, as soon as I have more information, I'll post it here. 

Have a good weekend. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Really fed up with alexa disconnecting daily from fitbit ,it did not do this originally so has there been an update interfering with connectivity ?so fed up am thinking of getting something that actually works

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer

This fix only lasted about a week. Back to same old problem. 😞

Best Answer

Thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community, @phlebo.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with your Fitbit Versa 2. Thank you for the information provided.

If you haven't done it already, please restart your watch by following these instructions.

Whether this doesn't help, you can set up your watch as a replacement device:

1. Tap the Today tab Fitbit logo, and tap your profile picture.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

Hope this helps.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Vivcu2 Thank you for getting back. 

I appreciate that you shared how you feel about this. Your reports have been shared with my team and they will further investigate this, as soon as I have more information. I'll make sure to share it with you. 

Thank you for your understanding. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did all that and still does not stay connected

Best Answer

Thanks for your response, @phlebo.

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Please click here to get connected.

If you have any question, please let us know.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this ongoing issue a Fitbit problem or an Amazon Alexa problem? After several uninstall/reinstalls, continuing disconnects, & troubleshooting on different Android smartphones (both Android 10 & 11, Samsungs & Motorolas) the problem persists. Starting to regret subscribing to Fitbit Premium with all the lingering and troublesome issues.

Best Answer

I'm having issues with my versa 2 staying connected to Alexa, and even when it's connected it will not work correctly. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

@MandyJo76 Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

I'd like you to let me know if you're getting any error message when trying to activate Alexa or if you have to set it up daily. This will help me to provide you with the appropriate troubleshooting. 

In the meantime, make sure that Alexa has been properly set up by checking this article

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes