Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Alexa doesn’t listen on versa 3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Sigh

I’ve just received a replacement versa 3 and now this one, Alexa doesn’t listen… it just times out

ive searched the help forums and tried the following troubleshooting:

Log out Amazon, reboot FitBit, turn off Bluetooth, clear cache/cookies.

All WiFi is working correctly, Amazon account is live and working.

Please help, as I may end up going over to Apple Watch 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi,

I suggest you re-enable the microphone in Versa Settings. Go to Settings > Vibration and audio > Microphone. 

If that doesn't work, check if your microphone isn't clogged with dirt/other objects. (The microphone is located on the right side of the device, opposite side from the button)

If it is clogged up, see here on how to clean it.

If none of those fix your issues, I suggest a factory reset.

Let me know how it goes. 👍

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sadly none of these worked 😢 😭 

the mic wasn’t dirty either, it’s a refurbed one I only got out the packet a couple of days ago too 

any other ideas?

Cheers 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry that those didn't fix your problems :(.

Might I ask, is the microphone working for other purposes on your Versa? (E.g. for Google Assistant, replying to messages, etc.)

If it does work for those other things, it's most likely a software fault.

Also, check if your watch is up-to-date. Go to Versa Settings > About Versa 3 > System Info > Version.
If your device is fully up to date, the version number should be 36.128.6.12. If the version number does not match, open the Fitbit App, tap your profile icon, then tap Versa 3. If an update is available, a pink button should appear saying something along the lines of "update now".

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, I connected google assistant and the same thing is happening, it’s just not listening to me lol

Fitbit is all up to date and matches your version number

Do we have any more suggestions in the bank? 

Cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm stumped 😅.

Only thing I can say is that since it's refurbished, it's very possible that permanent damage has been caused to the microphone itself.

You could try returning it, but I'm not that clear on Fitbit's return policy with refurbished products. You can read up about it here. 

I understand you have just gone through this process, but what company refurbished your Fitbit?

Do they offer a warranty on your refurbished Versa? If they do, I highly suggest exchanging it for another one. 

It sounds like you've had trouble with a previous Versa, was that also refurbished and from the same company? 

As for fixing the problem at home, I'm out of ideas 😂.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Haha yeah I’m stumped too!!

It was FitBit that actually sent me this one as replacement for my original as it got stuck on the logo. When I received it, the packet said “refurb”… 🤷🏻‍:female_sign: I assumed I was getting a new one but obvs not!

I’ll contact customer services. Thanks for all your help 😊 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmm, that's odd that Fitbit would send you a refurbished one.

Yeah, I'd say contact customer services, see what they can do.

Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes