Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps not showing up in notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I switched for a verse 2 to a 3. All

my apps that I use would show up on my Versace 2. My versa 3 only 6 apps are showing up. I’ve reset the versa and deleted the Fitbit app but all my apps aren’t showing up. How do I get my apps on my phone to show up so I can turn on notifications?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Hooper37 and welcome to the Community.  Your list of app notifications got cleared when you set up your new device.  You need to receive a notification from a site on your phone before it will appear in your Fitbit app to toggle.  I switched from my Luxe to my Versa 3 yesterday and am missing most of my apps on my list.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Hi @Hooper37 - in the Fitbit App when you click profile photo, Versa 3 photo, notifications, app notifications, you only see 6 phone apps?

If on the other hand when you swipe the Versa 3 face to the left you only see 6 launch icons, then you need to install the other watch apps you need that work on the watch.

This is because there are different versions of the apps for different watches and you need the new versions on the new watch.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Barely any of my phone apps are showing up. I allowed it when I setup

my watch, but my apps aren’t showing up

under the notifications to allow them in the Fitbit app. I had Facebook, and a few others. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hooper37 - have you logged out of the Fitbit App and restarted the phone?

You can also chat via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & support, Contact Customer.

Best Answer

Hello @Hooper37 and welcome to the Community.  Your list of app notifications got cleared when you set up your new device.  You need to receive a notification from a site on your phone before it will appear in your Fitbit app to toggle.  I switched from my Luxe to my Versa 3 yesterday and am missing most of my apps on my list.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

Hi @LZeeW  - you should see a list of all the main apps in app notifications, a few special ones may not show if there is no pending notification.

Did you logout and restart the phone to rebuild the list?

It may be an issue with the latest Fitbit App version.

Best Answer

I switched trackers today,? The setup process set the email, calender, and notifications up. All the other apps I had to go under app notifications and enabled. 

Best Answer

@Guy_   These app notifications appear under the device tile, making them device specific, not account specific.  I deal with this every time I switch among the current devices.  I usually wear My Versa 3.  I decided to wear my Luxe for a while, now switched back to my Versa 3.  I'm still waiting for my Versa 3 app list to repopulate.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

@LZeeW- the Apps listed in App notifications should be the full list of those available on the phone and not related to the device or the account.

The ones you choose to receive notifications for are marked on that list.

Best Answer

@Guy_   Here is my current App Notification screen.

3880538E-AF11-472C-9A90-E3A57E7B321D.png

Before I switched to my Luxe, I had my airline apps, FedEx Delivery manager, and others.  They won't show up on the list until I receive a notification.  Fitbit wasn't on the list until I got a notification.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LZeeW- thanks, it confirms what was already mentioned that some apps don't show on the list if there isn't a pending notification which seems to be more an iOS issue.

Best Answer

Just read your answer and I’m experiencing the same problem with my inspire 2. The instructions says I can get what’s app notification but it doesn’t appear on allowed app. You mention receiving a message from site on your phone. What site or is this specific to versa3? I logged out of the app and restart my phone, logged back in and manage to get more apps.

Your help would be kindly appreciated. 
Many thanks. 

Best Answer

Hi @Cara1560 - take a look here - How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?  See the bit about iPhones.

Also on an iPhone make sure that you have a pending notification on the phone status bar before going into Notifications -> App notifications to make sure it will be in the list.

Best Answer

Thanks @Guy_ i have done everything on the above link. Does there need to be a pending notification for what’s app/messenger/an app to be included in the list? That could explain no what’s app and messenger not being added. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @guy as the Whats app came through due to pending notification 🙂 

Best Answer