Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps on Versa opening on their own, not responding to touch

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Versa special edition, pre-order, paired with Samsung S7edge. Beginning about 3 weeks ago my versa watch suddenly started opening apps on it's own. Here's the example: I press the single left side button to turn on the watch face, then I swipe from right to left to access apps. At first it will have trouble sliding the screen to the apps page so I will have to swipe a few times. Then the apps page will fully appear and without me touching a thing, it will start opening random apps. Usually the exercise one, but there have been others. The exercise app will open. I will push the single left button to try and return to the previous screen. It will return to the apps page and then immediately open the exercise app again. It will not allow me to exit the app page and get back to the clock face.This loop will continue indefinitely until I force it to do a hard reset. This has also happened when I swipe from bottom to top to access the daily stats page. From there it opens the settings page and the vicious loop begins until I manually reset it. This doesn't happen all the time but it is becoming more and more frequent. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm ready to call customer service, I love this watch but paid too much for it to malfunction so often, and being pretty much brand new this is definitely not ok. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

@JSam Welcome! It's nice to have you on board! Thank you for trying the restart to see if this helps correct the issue. Can you tell if the app that opens is always in the same spot as the exercise one (if you can swipe to a different screen)? Not sure but this sounds as if the screen is being pressed. Could it be that it was hit against something? Still like you said this isn't normal nor expected so the best thing to do is letting our Support team know about the issue so they can assist you. You will get an email from them.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlvaroFitbit Thanks and yes it is always in the same location regardless of which screen it's on. It's really odd. Never been dropped or hit by anything. I baby it pretty well. I don't even get it wet although I know versa can get in the water I don't chance it 🙂 I'll see what support says. Thanks for passing it along to them! I love my watch, but I just need her to behave properly! 

Best Answer

I'm having a similar issue. Did you get any resolution? I've tried changing the clock face and rebooting the device. 

Best Answer

@Lexivore Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! 

@JSam hope Support was able to help you.

@Lexivore since you already tried the suggested troubleshoots for this issue the best thing to do is letting our Support team know about it so they can review your Versa's information and assist you. You will also get an email from them.

Let me know how it goes!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have the same issue... I take care of my device pretty well... not even a scratch on it... don’t know why this is happening!!! Please help.. it’s irritating!

Best Answer

@Praseeja A warm welcome to our Community! Sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your Versa. Try restarting your device by following these instructions. Also clean the button area with compresses air at a distance.

Let me know how it goes!

Best Answer

I am also having screen issues.I have contacted the support team and did the the reset and the cleaning they asked me to do and it still is not working

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is not resolved yet... it’s a bit irritating... I hv started to wear it lesser than I used to .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine got to the point where I couldn't do anything. The screen would flicker between screens and didn't respond to touch. I ended up having to return it to BestBuy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah it has just happened to me and have to restart my whole fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think it is only problem with a few pieces... restarting did not work for me.. I lived with it for a while.. then I just bought an apple watch... its a lot better

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa freezes and I have to restart it. I have not had any apps opening

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue, restarting and resetting is not working for me. I am really frustrated with it doing this! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My verse is flipping between screens on its own. Unable to shut it down. Flips to another screen when I try to go to the shut down app

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa is doing the same thing. It is toggling between stats. I have restarted it and I have shut it down. Since shutting it down the screen now flickers awake every 2 to 3 seconds. Please help. 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ajninasop1 Welcome! It's nice to have you on board! Sorry for the delay in my reply.

Let me help you with your Versa scree not working and thank you for troubleshooting this issue. Since the issue persist please let our Support team know about this. I noticed that you already have a ticket with them so keep working with the team to find a solution.

Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Versa was doing the same thing and started at approximately the same time. Now this morning while it worked around an hour ago with medium battery but at this time the screen went black. Now mine isn't responding to a reset.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has been happening to me for about a week now. Screen stays on most of the time now. If I press the left button to turn it off it comes straight back on. Has used 55% battery in 12 hours (I’ve not tracked any exercise today) it freezes and isn’t counting steps properly 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Eventually my tracker went completely black. I called customer service and
because I was within 1 year warranty I received a new one shortly after.
Best Answer
0 Votes