Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps on Versa opening on their own, not responding to touch

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Versa special edition, pre-order, paired with Samsung S7edge. Beginning about 3 weeks ago my versa watch suddenly started opening apps on it's own. Here's the example: I press the single left side button to turn on the watch face, then I swipe from right to left to access apps. At first it will have trouble sliding the screen to the apps page so I will have to swipe a few times. Then the apps page will fully appear and without me touching a thing, it will start opening random apps. Usually the exercise one, but there have been others. The exercise app will open. I will push the single left button to try and return to the previous screen. It will return to the apps page and then immediately open the exercise app again. It will not allow me to exit the app page and get back to the clock face.This loop will continue indefinitely until I force it to do a hard reset. This has also happened when I swipe from bottom to top to access the daily stats page. From there it opens the settings page and the vicious loop begins until I manually reset it. This doesn't happen all the time but it is becoming more and more frequent. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm ready to call customer service, I love this watch but paid too much for it to malfunction so often, and being pretty much brand new this is definitely not ok. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

@CamillaMay @Levesq67 Welcome to the Community. Sorry for the delay in my reply.

Let me help you with your unresponsive Versa. @CamillaMay please try restarting your Versa by following these instructions.

@Levesq67 happy to hear that our Support team was able to replace your device and hope you are already back on track.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've received a replacement already. Thank you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve received a new versa 2 pebble and charger. However when taking the strap off my original Fitbit the little ball which you move to take the strap off broke off

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

Back when I submitted this post the support team sent me a replacement. Keep in mind that this is the second replacement I've gotten on the Versa. The original one died for no reason a few months before my January post. Now here I am only months from receiving the second replacement and it too has died. What is the problem here! This is frustrating and a discount towards another device is not a good enough solution for me. How about a full refund for my original purchase or send me a replacement of a newer non-faulty model at no charge? It is very disappointing that the Versa is only built to last about 3 to 4 months and all Fitbit can tell me to do is invest more money into a device that I can't be sure won't die within months of purchase.

Not angry but very frustrated and feel Fitbit can do better.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Exactly. I was a fitbit fan and this happening more than once was frustrating. So I have switched to Apple Watch.

Thanks and Regards
Praseeja
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes