Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BItmoji stuck at preparing to teleport

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Tried updating my Bitmojis outfit and it won't get past the 'connected preparing to teleport' phase.  I know it's not the connection because every other clockface works and I can change the color on the bitmoji clock but the bitmoji itself won't upload.  All I have is a spinning circle and it never starts teleporting.  Bitmoji and Snapchat connections all work so I think it's a problem on Fitbit's end.  Any suggestions? Nothing else I've seen in the forums has worked.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
42 REPLIES 42

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @jenny05.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing the details of the difficulty you're experiencing with updating your Bitmoji outfit. Thank you for your troubleshooting efforts and for confirming that Bitmoji and Snapchat connection is working. Some users find helpful the instructions provided in this post

Give it a try and let me know how it goes. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

No that didn't work.  I found that post before and it did absolutely nothing.

Best Answer

Hi @jenny05, thank you for your reply.  

I appreciate your time and efforts. Since the issue persists, I've sent your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I have the same problem. Used to work but after the recent update it is stuck on preparing to teleport for hours

Best Answer
They keep telling me to reconnect Bitmoji and Snapchat. That works fine and
updates instantly. Fitbit is the problem!
Best Answer

Same problem here, I have tried all of the suggested solutions as well.

Best Answer

Hello @Looceefur @jenny05 @janicki2005, it's nice to see you around.  

@Looceefur thank you for joining the thread ans sharing that you're experiencing the same issue after the recent update. I would like to confirm if you've tried the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Please make sure that your watch doesn't have low battery. 
2. Your Snapchat and Bitmoji accounts are connected (https://support.bitmoji.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001476203-Link-Bitmoji-with-Snapchat)
3. You've tried the suggestions in this post

@jenny05 thank you for the input. I am sure our Support team is trying to help you in the best possible manner, please keep working with them. 

@janicki2005 since the steps you've tried didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. I tried every suggestion I've found and verified all of the above. It sticks at "preparing to teleport" and nothing seems to work.

Best Answer

Mine also is having the same problem. Preparing to teleport, but nothing happens. I've tried all of the suggestions

Best Answer

I had the same issue and I finally got it to update but the emoji didn’t change and it was  ‘stuck’. Now I can’t get it to work at all and all they offered me was a 25% discount on a new product since it is out of warranty. BTW the initial Versa had problems when they updated the app. They gave me a new one since it was under warranty but now they tell me the warranty doesn’t reset with the replacement and it reverts back to the original purchased date. So frustrating!

Best Answer
I got an email from support basically saying they don't know how to help
me. 😂 obviously I'm not the only one having the same problem so hopefully
they'll look into fixing it.
Best Answer

Mine did the exact thing. I changed my clock face to a different one then went back to switch it to bitmoji clock face. It’s like redoing the whole connecting to Snapchat/bitmoji all over again but it worked. Didn’t take long at all. I’m thinking it somehow disconnected from Snapchat. Good luck! Let me know how it works out. 🤞🏼

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too

This is obviously an issue 

Do something to fix it 

Its obviously on your end

Best Answer

Ive done this twice 

Hasn't worked

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did that a few times, even tried again after I updated the FitBit. Still nothing 😞

Best Answer

Has this issue been solved? Mine won't go past the preparing to teleport phase and all of my apps are updated so it's not an issue with bitmoji or snapchat or linking those two together

Best Answer
I tried at least 40 times. Then finally it worked (quite quickly) after I
reinstalled the app. But then I updated my bitmoji outfit and I'm having
the same problem all over again. Clearly this is a real hit and miss
feature.
Best Answer

Hello everybody, thank you for participating in the forums. I am sorry for the delayed reply.

I appreciate the time each of you took to share the details of the issue, the troubleshooting done and your experience. Thank you for the efforts to resolve this and sharing the tips to help other users. I understand that this can be very frustrating and appreciate your feedback. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. I recommend trying the steps from this post as some users were able to resolve the issue after following them.

Please keep me posted.

Best Answer

Same thing is happening with my ionic and I just got it yesterday.  All connections are good but it's stuck on teleporting 

Best Answer
0 Votes