Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery draining fast on Versa

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

When my Versa charged to 100%, I purposely left it on the stand for 20 mins more. But it shows 99% within one min after I started to wear it. Any ideas? Defective?  

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
438 REPLIES 438

Hi everyone! Thanks for the awesome help @craigk4! Great news @KrisD.! Good to hear that Support was able to help and you are back on track. 😉

For those who are still experiencing a difficulty, I appreciate that you have shared your experience with Versa and for all the time and effort you have invested to solve this. 

Please make sure that you have followed the tips and tricks provided in the help article Can I improve my Fitbit device's battery life? 

Also, if you are using a 3rd party clock face switch it to an official Fitbit created clock face, 3rd party clock faces may drain the battery faster than the Fitbit ones.

Then, charge the battery to 100% (this process might take up to 2 hours) and don't charge until it fully drains. Once it's completely drained provide me with an update on how long the battery lasted.

Keep me posted!

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

how did you turn off gps...when it doesnt have gps

Best Answer
Under settings on the fitbit dashboard.

Sent from Samsung tablet
Best Answer

Awesome help @KrisD.! Thanks for posting back @soccersnaps! To know more about GPS tracking using the Fitbit App check out the help article How do I use the Fitbit app to capture GPS data?

Also, I'd like to encourage you to join us at the Discussions board, there you can be inspired, find some tips to get moving, eat well, manage weight, sleep better, live mindfully and more!

Give it a look! 😉

Best Answer

Same problem here, had live chat and was told several different things to try. I’m so frustrated I just want it to work. Live chat said to check back with them I think it’s going back. Any suggestions on a good replacement?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Very dissapointed as well. Took it back the next day 

Best Answer

Curious. I too appear to be having issues with the life of the battery, but I’ve been reading all your replies on suggestions to try to help resolve the problem and have tried a few. I shut off the quick view yesterday, charged my Versa last night and this morning it is still coming on automatically whenever there is movement of my wrist. Was there something else I needed to do? I don’t have any or play any music from my watch, fearing it will drain it even faster. Sad part about the watch is Fitbit wants you to utilize the apps to amp your performance and help you monitor what you’re doing, but as soon as you start using them they suck the life out of your battery way too fast. 

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing your experience @amberharterI wanted to assure you that we take into consideration all the comments provided by our users to continue improving your experience. 

Nice to see you here @jerbear737 and @Blondzilla! I appreciate all your input and for all the steps you took before posting here. If you haven't done so, try a different port to charge your Versa. A UL-certified wall charger will also work. Don't use a USB hub and remember that this process might take up to 2 hours. 

Keep me posted with the outcome! 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did use a UL certified charger. I ended up taking the versa special
edition back. I'm still debating on getting it again because I truely want,
and might just try the regular versa.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the information I’m trying several different things in hopes to improve the battery life, I’m loving the Versa other than the battery.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I'm having the same problems only last one day and not 4 days like it says it does

Best Answer
Are you going to return it? I have my return label just don’t want to be without it for 2 weeks or after I get the replacement it does the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Not going to return tech helped me through some steps and it seems to be working better now.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just went to the store and got the regular Fitbit versa...hopefully it was
just a battery problem with the special edition. Got it charging and
setting up now
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm on my second non special edition Versa. I returned the first one because the battery wouldn't last 2 days. I just got my new one yesterday and was powered to 100 at 5pm yesterday and as of today at 3:30pm I'm at 68%. That tracks out at a little over 2 days. I have no idea what to do anymore with the battery situation. I don't use the music feature, I turned off all day sync, I turned off quick view. I mean, this is a bit ridiculous. 

Versa, Pixel 2XL
Best Answer
Hoping my replacement doesn’t turn out like that or I’ll be returning for a refund and not just a replacement.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I hear ya loud and clear, done the same thing and mine is at 39% after a full charge last night. This one is in its way back tomorrow. Turning off the features and no music it’s just worth it. Crossing fingers my next will work better.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I talked to a tech about the battery issues and he told me to do a full charge from a computer first then charge it up when your not wearing it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did do the computer charge, same thing. I bought my Fitbit to wear not worry about the next time it needs to be charge. You said charge it when not wearing it, umm I plan on wearing it most of the time.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

My Versa could never hold a full 100% charge even after 2 hours or more of charging. As soon as I take it out of the cradle and strap it on it goes to 99%. But it’s usually stays at 99% for a good long time. At the end of the day it would be around 90%. But this past day, I left it on the charger for longer than 4 hours. As always, as soon as I put it on it was 99%. I usually lose 5% over night but this time I lost 10%. And now my battery has been dropping 1% almost every hour. This is not usual. I’ve re-set it and it doesn’t do anything. Is my battery life already shot and now can’t stay charged like before? I charge using a wall charger. I don’t think it matter whether I charge from a walk or computer because I’ve never seen a difference. Do I need to return mine? 3 hours already and it’s dropped 5%. 

Best Answer
0 Votes