Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery draining faster than usual / App doesn't sync.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

2 days ago the watch stopped holding a charge.  Battery originally lasted 4 plus days now I'm lucky to get 6 hours.  I've only owned the watch for 5 months.  I've been on the phone with support 3 times and they keep making me charge the watch to 100%.  Unfortunately, the app doesn't sync properly with an HTC10 so the support isn't seeing that I have actually charged to full.  Fitbit is wasting my time playing games so they don't have to honor their warranty. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject + Word Choice.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @KenS23 thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I have reached our Support Team and noticed you've already have a case created with them where they asked you to perform some tests. 

Please note that many Android phones, like yours have all the hardware requirements to be a supported device but are currently not on our list of supported devicesThis means that we have not tested it for compatibility and added it to the list yet. For the time being, we don't have an specific date or time-frame of when is going they will be listed as compatible. As you mentioned your Versa is not syncing with your phone, I would like to suggest you some steps you can try:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

Give this a try and once your device syncs, please perform the tests asked by our Support Team and reply to them afterwards. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've previously tried all of these sync solutions multiple times. I can get the device to sync initially, but it won't stay synced and I have to go through either reinstalling the app or rebooting both the phone and the versa to get them to sync again. This is obviously a frustrating process to have to do daily or multiple times a day.  When I purchased the phone it noted that it worked with most Android devices version 5.0 or greater and I have the most recent 8.0/  Working through customer support has been very frustrating as they need the app to be communicating with Versa to help diagnose the issue and it doesn't stay connected.  I've spent hours over the last few days trying to work through an obvious issue with the battery not holding a charge.  The support team is wasting my time.  First time calling they gave me one direction and after I did that they gave me another task to complete which should have been mentioned the first time.  None of which have been the solution. Common sense diagnosis answered their questions without even going through this time consuming process.  Unfortunately support is stuck on their methodology and it isn't an acceptable solution or customer service approach.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit is replacing my watch under warranty.  Hopefully the new one will perform correctly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes