Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drains fast after last update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I never had an issue with my versa until I did the update a few days ago, now my battery doesn't keep a charge for half a day. I've done everything that you have mentioned and nothing. Whatever was in the last update screwed up my versa!

Best Answer
92 REPLIES 92

Same with me . I have charged the battery 100 % and the battery drains to zero and Versa switches off after 8 hours. I have tried multiple times, but in vain. I contacted the helpline and they informed that my power source is inappropriate and suggested to charge from my computer port. Have done that also but still the battery drains after 7 to 8 hours. I have switched off all notifications and am using it just as a plain simple watch.

Can anyone help me.

Thanks in Advance.

Best Answer

I have had this same issue since i updated my Versa. Please help 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Samlat @balubadan @Funmilayo. It's nice to see you around, @Islandlifer

@Samlat thank you for taking the time to troubleshoot the issue you're experiencing with your watch. I've shared your post with our Support team and they've mentioned that you already have a case with them, please continue working with them. I know they will do their best to help you.

@balubadan thank you for joining the thread and sharing the details of the issue with your watch. I appreciate your efforts to resolve this and letting me know that you contacted our Support team regarding this. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide a solution, please keep working with them since they have already all the details and special tools to continue assisting you. 

@Funmilayo I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue. I would like to confirm if you've tried the troubleshooting instructions from this post? 

@Islandlifer thank you for your input. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa’s battery is getting worse as each week goes by. It was fully charged when I put it on this morning. 11 hours later it is at less than 10%. Horrible. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @KKuntz.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing the details of the battery issue with your watch. I am sorry to hear you are going through this situation. I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon. 

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please note the email conversation as below which is self explanatory, Can I still expect help?.

Hi Balchandra, 

Thanks for doing the battery drain test. 

Using our back end tools we see your battery was charged to 100% on <Nov 15, 2019 01:01:18 PM>, and depleted to 6% on <Nov 15, 2019 08:28:18 PM>. We also noticed that your device's warranty start date was Aug 11, 2018 and it was already beyond the limited 1 year warranty. 

Unfortunately, your product doesn’t meet the replacement requirements of our warranty policy. For details about our warranty policy, see fitbit.com/returns.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Sincerely,

Fitbit Team

8:14 PM (1 minute ago)

Hi,

I am very disappointed that Fitbit and its helpline is not able to help me. Also I regret having the Fitbit on my wrist.
Its just 1 year 3 months and you inform that you cannot do anything about my battery draining problem.

Did you guys try to understand the basic problem?. Its just 3 months beyond warranty and the battery life is just 8 hours .
Why did you just check the warranty and close the matter?.
What did you guys not understand the problem and give a solution ?.

I would agree if this versa was 3 or 4 years old and we have the battery towards he end of its life.
I want to escalate this issue to your highest authority. Can you organise to inform me how should I do this or I have to find my own way for this escalation.

Kindly reply.

Best Regards,

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Don’t expect an ounce of help from Fitbit!!  Have 1 Fitbit versa and the face just fell off. Literally fell off. And it appears to be a known issue with Fitbit! Other versa has ridiculous battery drain. Another know issue! Both watches...like yours...just out of warranty...$600+ in watches. They don’t care! Fitbit just wants your money and hopes the known issues don’t occur during their lame warranty period as they might have to help you...horrible situation for them...helping to fix $300 watches. Much easier to say “too bad your warranty is over”. Note: in Europe the warranty is 2 years...why not warranty North America for 2 years????

Best Answer

My versa won’t hold a charge

Best Answer

I too am having the same issues of battery draining quickly on my versa since the latest update. I tried all the above suggestions and none is working. How about let's fix the problem with a new update, clearly it's in the program update. I use a fitbit clockface too. Could go 3 to 4 days without charging it  and it doesn't want to power on correctly either have to press and hold the power button and the right lower button until it comes on, again this is after the latest update. Need solutions please!

Best Answer

I too am having the same issues of battery draining quickly on my versa since the latest update. I tried all the above suggestions and none is working. How about let's fix the problem with a new update, clearly it's in the program update. I use a fitbit clockface too. Could go 3 to 4 days without charging it  and it doesn't want to power on correctly either have to press and hold the power button and the right lower button until it comes on, again this is after the latest update. Need solutions please!

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue with my Fitbit Versa battery draining faster since the most recent update. It seems like it drains faster when I use any of the workout settings in my Fitbit app. The battery charged 100% then I placed my Fitbit Versa on my charger and it showed about 50% charged. When I don't workout that day with using a workout I setting them my battery seems like it doesn't drain as fast. I have followed your steps listed above from a previous comment from another Fitbit user, but without success of the battery not holding it's battery.

Best Answer

I did an update 2 days ago, before easliy 4~5 days on one charge, now it doesn't last for one day and none of the solutions Fitbit gave here doesn't work!!

Best Answer
A LOT of people are having this problem. Mine was out of warranty so they offered a discount on another. This is my 3rd Fitbit in 6 years. I don’t see it as a defect of my device so I’m getting an Apple watch.

Stephanie
Best Answer

Have you tried to contact Fitbit thru their contact us? The agents I chatted to online with were very helpful in addressing my issues and concerns. I was about to get a replacement Versa shipped since I was still under warranty.

Best Answer

I got the same problem too when updated the software ! Pls adv

Best Answer
0 Votes
I emailed back and forth with support and was only offered a discount since mine is 17 months old. Thanks though.

Stephanie
Best Answer

I was lucky as used 18mths to cause this. unfortunately I lost the official slip and box. So I may not get the discount too. Thank you for your sharing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Got it last Christmas . No problem until the latest update. Only makes 24 hours if I turn notifications and all day. Sync .  Don’t use it at night because if if battery goes low the alarm will not work ( it tries to disable some functions if battery is low. -  so the latest update has turned it in a 90’s digital watch.  

Best Answer
Mine died. I bought an Apple Watch and LOVE it.

Stephanie
Best Answer
Yes me too I brought the I watch and iPhone. Thanks

從我的iPhone傳送
Best Answer