Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery life after update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This battery issue is occurring with a new Versa I received about 1-2 months ago as a replacement for my first versa I had battery issues with. I recently updated my Fitbit versa to the most recent firmware. It seems that after the update I began having issues with the battery. I charge it to 100% and put it on before going to sleep and when I woke up my Fitbit was completely dead, this has happened a few times. I have tried restarting it and changing the clock face to an original Fitbit clockface and still had the same problem. Is anyone else experiencing this type of problem after the update or is it something else? 

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

They actually have the battery life issue stickied to the top. They are working on it, but I also am in the same situation. I asked for a battery log on the app yesterday so that we can see the usage. 

Best Answer

I had the same issue. Last 4 days now about 36. After update was done last week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have exactly the same problem! Use to be 4/5 days of battery and now after update not even 30 hrs!!! I am so disappointed and I really wait maybe they will fix it! They are promising 4/5 days of battery so this is what I am expecting! First of all because I had it like that and now no more! 

Best Answer
I understand. They are sending me a replacement but I told them I think it's a bug in the update because no issues until then

~Tracy Nicewarner
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem my watch wont start at all now just a slight back liight screen

Best Answer

I am disappointed with Fitbit. Everytime an update it affects the battery. I think I'm done with them.

It shouldn't happen and even sending out a replacement they are not reliable. Another update should fix the issue. It's obvious there is a problem.

Best Answer

Thanks Tracylee154.

I hope I can get somewhere with fitbit,  I had a Surge before this watch the band broke and could not be replaced otherwise it was a great watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am now down to at best five hours. Before update it would last 5 days .  Very frustrating and hoping for a fix soon .I did contact customer support and waiting on them to get back to me . Ended up activating my old blaze with no issues. Still full charge after 8 hours. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
When you spend 200 00 on a watch you expect it to last more than a few months.  Very discouraging!

~Tracy Nicewarner
Best Answer
0 Votes

Especially when I did had it for 4/5 days and now for 1 day after the so called “update”?! And not hearing from them! I used to feel sorry for other people with devices which had to be charged every day and feeling proud of my Versa, but at least other brand ... don’t promise 4/5 days of battery and give only one. So disappointed and frustrated! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.  I was averaging between 4-5 days on a single charge which only took about 1.5 hrs to achieve.  Post most recent update I am just blasting through battery.  I charged it before bed last night because I like it to track my sleep and at 1pm I'm down to 17%.  Very frustrating, especially with trying to keep an accurate record of activity in the new year's resolution!

Best Answer
It's very discouraging.  It's obvious it's the update.  Fitbit is issuing refurbished trackers that will do the same thing once they get updated.  I don't understand as big as Fitbit is they don't have a technical team that can figure out the bug/ problem that's draining the battery. 

~Tracy Nicewarner
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah I am remembering it having this issue once before and I think that I somehow fixed it... OR I am mis-remembering and this happened to my last model and I took that problem as the reason to upgrade to this versa with the longer life...  Anyone know if they are releasing some new model that we will get suckered into because of frustration with this issue? 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here!

Best Answer
0 Votes

They sent me out a replacement because mine was 4 months old.  If your past the 1 year Fitbit won't help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ditto everyone here. I’ve had my Versa for 2 years. Ran the update last week and my phone that used to last 3 days, barely gets through one. My all day sync is off, manual wake up on, do not disturb on...I’m going to see if Costco will take it back. This is a no go. At least Apple quickly corrects their update mistakes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I hear you. This is the last versa for me. This is number 2~Tracy Nicewarner
Best Answer
0 Votes