Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery short life

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just over the past 10 days or so, my Fitbit Versa won't keep a charge for more than about 24 hours.  Very frustrating to charge it to 100%, just to have it die by the end of the next day.  Any suggestions on why this is happening?  It used to go at least three days between charging.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Buckingham60

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing the difficulty you're experiencing with your Versa's battery draining faster than expected. I totally understand how you are feeling as you would like to continue using your watch and enjoying its features. I recommend doing the following:

1. Switch to a Fitbit clock face if you're using a third party clock face. 
  2. Restart your device by following the steps from this help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  3. Charge the watch to 100% and use it like normal.

Battery use is affected by various factors and settings and I recommend checking the tips to prevent the battery drain in this help article: Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?

Let me know how it goes!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My battery life is just getting worse, even after trying suggested fixes. I charged it to 100% last night (until about 10 p.m.) and now (7:30 p.m.) I’m at 10%.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa is doing the same thing. It just started on July 27. My watch would not turn on or show a charge. I did chat with Fitbit and they had me restart it. Ever since it will only hold the charge for about 24 hours. Very frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply @Buckingham60. Welcome to the Fitbit Community @KerMore

@Buckingham60 I appreciate your efforts, thank you for providing the additional details. Since the issue persists, I've sent your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. Keep an eye on your inbox. 

@KerMore thank you for joining the thread and sharing the details of the issue with your Fitbit Versa. I understand how you're feeling. Upon checking with our Support team, I was told that you have already contacted them. I know they will be glad to help you in the best possible manner, please keep working with them. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa battery use to hold a charge for 4 days, now I'm lucky if it lasts 30 hours. I've tried all of the suggestions to improve battery life. I did notice this problem occurring after the most recent software update. It may have something to due to storing more clock faces on the watch (but I'm not a software engineer). I've removed all of the other stored clock faces and am using a fitbit clock face

Best Answer
0 Votes