Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bike Exercise wont connect to phone GPS

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi All,

I wonder if you can help. This morning i cycled into work and being really keen to try out my shiny new versa. I was gutted to find that it hadn't tracked my GPS position. Playing with it just now - it still just remains at "Connecting". I am sitting with the phone in front of me and as far as i can see. everythings enabled, connected up and the software is up to date on both my phone and versa

Device: Fitbit Versa

Software Version: 32.32.4.19

Phone: Samsung S8+ 

Software Version: 8.0.0

Fitbit App: Version 2.69

This was one of the main features i was really looking forward to having back. I had an apple watch previously but moving to Android killed that so this the next best solution. All very seemless with apple.... not finding it as easy with this!

any help you can provide here?

Cheers

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

I should also add that 

the watch connects to the phone no problem, it syncs up fine and tracks my steps, sleep etc. just the excercise part/GPS im having an issue with here

Best Answer

I have been having the same problem too.

I am using iPhone 7.  It connects no problem.  But with the Gps it says connecting and doesn’t ever connect.  Help to

Best Answer

unpairing mobile track in the app helped my GPS connect and the map\distance is also correct now. Worth a try.

Best Answer

I've found that I need to have the fitbit app open on my iPhone for the connected gps to work. It doesn't have to be onscreen, just opened in the background. if I accidentally close the app in the middle of the exercise, my versa looses connection to the gps, but it reconnects shortly after opening the phone app again. It's a minor inconvenience, bit I'm just happy it works and is an easy work around.

Best Answer

I found that by rebooting my phone and my versa it worked just fine.  Just have to make sure it gets connected before starting. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Forgot to mention that I also use the 'Keep Alive Widget' - that might be helping as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same for me, really disappointing that I buy my first Fitbit and was looking forward to it only for connected GPS to stop working.

😞

Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having this problem, I have a I Phone 5s, connects to phone no problem, tracks everything and otherwise works great, but has serious issues connecting for exercise and just hangs on "connecting..." Turning off both devices and back on does work, but I shouldn't have to do this every time I want the exercise (specifically biking for me) to work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

ChadDennis - Were you able to find a solution? I went to spin this morning and left my phone in the car. The entire time, it counted calories, but didn't actually track miles. Any advice? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It also said "connecting" the entire time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue but now seems to have resolved. Rebooted both Versa and iPhone. Also seem to need to ensure connected before starting the workout.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! I had the exact same issue yesterday with my Fitbit Versa, when I first wanted to try the tracking while biking to work. I use Samsung S7. The solution for me was the following:

In "Location" menu, under "Improve accuracy" turn on the "Bluetooth scanning" option as well next to the "Wi-Fi scanning". 

After this setup my Versa connected immediately and today my ride was mapped!

Best Answer
0 Votes

GPS is not connecting when I use the bike exercise. Can anyone help.

Best Answer

After three days of trying to solve the same problem - Versa Lite frozen on connecting to GPS while cycling/walking or running - I have managed to make the app working by rebooting the watch and switching on Bike while sitting with my Fitbit app open. There is a post below suggesting it. And it magically has unfrozen my watch. Hopefully for good!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think I solved this (didn't see this in any of the replies so if I missed it, sorry!)

Go to Fitbit app and

account > advanced settings> automatic location

I turned the automatic location "on" and it immediately went from "connecting" to  a distance value. I think the app has to be open though. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue very disappointed 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I figured it out for my Versa Lite!!! 
I have an iPhone. Go to Fitbit settings on your “Phone“, Select Location, choose Always, then open the Fitbit app and leave it on during your exercise. It takes a couple of seconds to connect to the Fitbit, but mine connects each time now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem. I tried all the common suggestions - rebooted phone and Versa, connected before I tried to start the Exercise app, etc.

The only thing that seems to work is leaving the app running on my phone. I don’t have this problem when I run with it.

Best Answer
0 Votes