Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bike distance grossly inaccurate.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I do a "Ride" exercise, the distance is grossly under-reported; it said I'd gone 0.06 miles when it was actually >13 miles.  Versa 2 is synced to my Android phone, they regularly show notifications, status, etc.  And when I view route in Strava it looks fine on map, just the distance is way off.

No such problem when I do a "Walk" exercise, distance looks correct.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Mine does the same thing on runs.  There has been no fix to this.  Customer service is terrible.  Im going to try Garmin as fitbit is garbage.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Walk uses your step count and stride, neither of which is available on a bike. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is supposed to be using GPS, and it is for location.

Why doesn't it use GPS for distance too?
Best Answer

For me, when I record a bike ride, it does use GPS and does measure the distance. 

I responded to the comment comparing a bike ride to walking and that it should be just as easy to measure the distance. 

When walking the tracker is using fixed constants. When using GPS the signal depends on the environment (clouds, trees, etc) and your referencing a your position from a point that is moving at several times the speed of sound. There is a lot more timing and math invoked. Even you cars GPS at times has issues locating it's position but assumes your on a road. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree there's a lot more computation to get distances using GPS, my point was that it can and should be doing it.  But it under-reporting distances by 50x or more!  

Customer Support has not been helpful in resolving this.  If it works for you, maybe I have a defective unit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

try and get a replace fast, if it is over a year since buying it they will not help you.

I bought a garmin and for the same money it is 4x better and actually records distance accurately. 

Best Answer
0 Votes