Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bike ride not recording complete

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I keep having issues with recording activities using my Versa with my Samsung Galaxy S8.

I select exercise > bike > choose goal and press start.

I then wait up to 2 minutes a time for it to say that I am connected.

I then start my activity. 

When I finish the activity I find that it hasn't tracked my activity accurately nor has it tracked my route. 

Bluetooth and GPS are activated on my phone. 

I did a 12km cycle ride today in 30 minutes (as recorded in strava) however the fitbit only recorded a 1km ride in the same time period.

What steps can I do to record these activities properly or when can I expect a software update to correct this issue. 

TIA

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@Mdjwill01 Welcome to the Community. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

Thanks for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting tried. It's pretty weird that your activity isn't recording complete. 

I would like you to make sure you're doing this procedure to properly use connected GPS. If this is the procedure you're doing but it's not working, please try the following troubleshooting: 

There are a few reasons why GPS might not connect. Review the information below, then check the requirements and troubleshooting steps.

1. Environmental factors, including tall buildings, dense forest, steep hills, and even thick cloud cover, can interfere with your device’s or phone’s ability to connect to GPS satellites. If the signal is blocked—either because you're underground or due to another reason—GPS won't work. 
  2. Confirm that GPS is enabled on your device. For more information, see How do I turn on GPS for an exercise on my Fitbit device?
  3. For connected GPS, turn off Wi-Fi on your phone so that your phone doesn’t try to connect to available networks along your route. 
  4. For connected GPS, verify the following requirements; then try the troubleshooting steps if necessary.

Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

This just happened on my Charge 3. Went for a bike ride, did 8 laps, ride total was 52.28 km and 2:08:11 moving time. As soon as i arrived home, i clicked finish, and when it synced to Strava and i checked Strava, it was just about 9.5 km. Almost wasted my day’s effort. Good thing i have the Cateye Padrone, and i was able to manually input some data, but without the segments, which sucks, coz i like checking Strava segments. Also the screen is barely visible outdoors during daylight. 

Best Answer