Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black/Black + NFC payments = international version?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm in the US, and loving the look of the black aluminum standard version, but am tempted by the NFC payments available on the graphite aluminum special edition.
I read that the international version of the watch will include NFC payments.

1. Does anyone know if the international version (with NFC) is available in all black?
  2. Is it possible to purchase/use the international version with US systems?
  3. Or am I just being unreasonably picky, and graphite is really almost black, so I should just suck it up? 😉
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Just realized I don't have to figure this out - just get a bezel skin in black! I'd probably get one anyway to protect the sides, so there - problem solved! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

On the U.K. site, I can preorder a Black/Black and it comes with NFC. Given NFC is standardised I see no reason for a UK version not to work in USA but ... caveat emptor.  The Special, is graphite aluminium, with a charcoal woven strap, so not black.

Hope that helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think you are being unreasonably picky. I think it is really a poor marketing decision to lock the NFC option into only two colors, I also prefer the black on black and would glad pay the "upcharge" for the NFC chip in it. My wife did want the rose gold so it worked out that she will get it in the color she wants but I'm holding off buying oen for myself to check hers out and see what they do to open up NFC

Best Answer

Just realized I don't have to figure this out - just get a bezel skin in black! I'd probably get one anyway to protect the sides, so there - problem solved! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, there! @BadCat

What you see available in the Fitbit store are the same color combinations for the International regions. If what you're interested in most is Fitbit Pay, I recommend going for Fitbit Versa Special Edition in Charcoal Woven/Graphite Aluminum! Plus with Fitbit Versa Special Edition you’ll also get two looks in one, as it comes with a black classic band in the box. Glad to have you joining the Versa Family! Smiley Happy

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'd like the black/black + NFC in the US as well. When will this be available? I don't want the graphite color, and don't care for the extra band.

Best Answer

For the rose gold special edition, what color classic band comes with it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JavyTX Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy Thanks for your interest in Versa. There are no plans to introduce a black/black combo with NFC in the U.S. at this moment. I'll make sure to relay this feedback to our team. Let me know if I can help with anything else. 

@JamieF. Hey, nice to see you here on the Versa Forum! Smiley Happy The rose gold Special edition Versa will come with a black classic band. Both special editions come with a black band only. If you're interested in another classic band color, I recommend purchasing it separately as an accessory

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No plans on wanting to keep your customers happy huh, maybe an apple watch is in my future then

Best Answer
0 Votes