Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth Earbuds Crackle & Skip When Connected to Versa, Not When Connected to Phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have some bluetooth earbuds I bought from Amazon that I've connected to my Versa. When on a walk, the earbuds crackle and skip music that I have loaded on my Versa via Deezer. When I connect the same earbuds to my phone and listen to music through it, there is no crackling. Any idea why?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I just went on my first run trying to listen to music I downloaded to the Versa and have the same problem. The Bluetooth headphones I have been using for 6 months while running with my phone. I was so excited to be wireless and smartphone free on a run!!!!

The Versa was unbearable - I turned the headphones off after one song and did the rest of my run without music.

The Boluetooth antenna on the Versa must be sub-par. The crackles occur when my right arm, where the Versa is worn, goes on the back-swing while running. My body must be blocking the signal. I ran for a few strides holding my right arm steady out in front of me with no issue. As soon as I started running again, snap, crackle, pop!

I wear the phone on the same arm, no problem. This is probably a deal breaker for me and will likely return it. I already have a few gripes about it. **ahem**, this is a fitness band and you can't listen to music while running?????

Maybe a more expensive pair of Bluetooth headphones would work or if I wore the Versa on my right arm maybe it would work but heck this is...

Best Answer

I agree-same problem.  The phone connection to my earbuds is GREAT, but the Versa is not.  I’m super disappointed and probably would’ve bought the Apple Watch had I known.

Best Answer

Yep same problem. Sent one versa back, got a second one and same problem again!! So frustrating

Best Answer

I am kinda of having the same issue except my music is cutting in and out and I'm using the Cylo Cobra wireless headphones.  When I pair my headphones to my Versa watch and listen to music via Deezer, it cuts in and out. When I use my headphones with my phone, it plays fine, no music cutting in and out.  By the way, I had pair of wireless generic headphones & they had no issue connecting to the Versa and playing music through Deezer.  Is this a Cylo Cobra issue or is this a Versa issue?

Best Answer