Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new 2day old Versa won’t sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I just got my Versa 2 days ago and the set up seemed to go fine except as it set up it said I needed to update. It went through the whole update process and on the watch finished out but on my phone said update failed. Now the phone won’t stay connected to my phone long enough to get a full sync. I’m only syncing enough to get my steps and heart beat info not getting sleep track or anything else. I did all the suggested fixes. Unpaired all Bluetooth, turned phone on and off, turned Fitbit on and off, and cycled WiFi and Bluetooth on and off with my phone. I even factory reset the watch and tried setting it up again and it did the same thing and still won’t fully sync. Please tell me there’s a fix for this. I’m a long time Fitbit users and this really has me frustrated 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It doesn’t load the information to the server at all, but I did find a way to “force” the sync. I go to the settings on the watch itself and then hit Bluetooth connections and add audio device. It then forces the watch to “search” openly with the Bluetooth and it will then fully sync all information to my phone/app. It takes a couple tries sometimes but has consistently forced the full sync. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@SunsetRunner Welcome! Thanks for being part of our Community! What is specifically missing from your account that you sync your Versa isn't syncing? Could you share a screenshot of your accounts Dashboard? The thing is that the Fitbit trackers and watches either sync or don't but normally there isn't any middle ground. You mentioned that sleep isn't being tracked. How are you recording your sleep or are you trying to get it automatically detected by your Versa? Any chance you can share an screenshot of the sleep area? Remember that your Versa will start recording your sleep once it has detected an hour of inactivity and once you start moving normally in the morning will stop the recording. If you have a light sleep and move a lot this may cause difficulties for your Versa when detecting your sleep.

I look forward to your reply!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, thank you for your reply. So the issue is it just doesn’t want to sync at all. It will start and then it stops and shows that it is looking for my Fitbit. When it starts to sync it gets about 1/4 way through before it happens most times so the dash board will update my steps, floors, hr etc., but if I close the app the information doesn’t stay.  The next time I open the app it is blank. I will restart it numerous times while trying to sync and it has eventually synced, but to have to go through that process every time I want to sync is a pain to put it politely. 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner sorry for the delay in my reply! Have you tried checking the information on the Fitbit.com website? Does it show your data? Could you share a screenshot of the website Dashboard? When you open your app it loads the data uploaded from the Fitbit server (this way no matter where you view your data it will always show the same information). This happens to me too on the Fitbit app but it is only required for you to wait a little bit to see the data on the app. Have you tried waiting for the data to load on the app?

I look forward to your reply!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It doesn’t load the information to the server at all, but I did find a way to “force” the sync. I go to the settings on the watch itself and then hit Bluetooth connections and add audio device. It then forces the watch to “search” openly with the Bluetooth and it will then fully sync all information to my phone/app. It takes a couple tries sometimes but has consistently forced the full sync. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa Special Edition is not even 1 day old and is no longer syncing. It synced after the initial setup but after the update no synch since! Also, no record of recording my heart rate on the web page nor the app! None of the steps Support pointed me to on the website worked. I guess I should just delete the watch from fitbit.com and reset it back to factory defaults. Am I supposed to add it to my fitbit.com account first before the initial setup? Will these steps work? Why am I even having to deal with these issues after paying almost $300 for a $*&# watch? Already regret purchasing it. I should just go back to my analog watch or go buy a Garmin. I am an Android user with a brand new LG Stylo 4 running the latest OS (Oreo).

Johnny GeorgeFitbit Sense
Best Answer
0 Votes